making small bags with no printer

Have you made something and want to show it off? This is the place for your photos or just talk about the things that you have made or would like to make. All crafts from knitting and crochet to woodwork, in fact anything that you have made!
mrsflibble
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

making small bags with no printer

my printer has run out of 1 black and 1 magenta cartridge and i can't afford them until friday... but i need to get started on 13 small, interesting bags for around 13 toddlers and can't wait till friday to do it- soph's birthday is a week on monday and i want to have home made party bags and hats etc. I've made a start on the hats.
BUT does anyone have a simple pattern which i can follow with a pen and not have to print off?! or should i just do a pattern from wildthings and email it to myself to pick up from my mum's tomorrow?!?!?
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

SCRAP WHAT I JUST SAID.
stuff it, I'm making slugs. :lol: :lol: :lol:
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Milims

We've been doing something similar recently using news papers and mags etc - in fact just this morning DD made a fab gift bag for her friend using her fave teen mag. Could you do something similar with a kiddies comic?
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Chickenlady

Are they too little to make their own as part of the activities? If you can get hold of some little brown paper bags with handles (like you get from the Chinese restaurant), they could decorate them?

If they are toddlers they are probably too small. Good for slightly older kids though.

Jane

ps I got hold of a load of these from Ebay
Haste makes waste

Helsbells

You can make amazing bags using old carrier bags by cutting them up into bits then sticking them together using an iron (melting them) to make big sheets the cut out the shape for the bag and iron the edges to stick em together. That make sense?