One Man and his Campervan.

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
southeast-isher
A selfsufficientish Regular

One Man and his Campervan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... van_Devon/
First of a series that sees presenter Martin Dorey, campervan lover and passionate foodie, journey around Britain in his 1970s classic campervan on the ultimate escapist adventure.

Martin travels around the UK meeting growers, fishermen, farmers, larger-than-life local experts and fellow holiday-makers. Martin forages for local delicacies and cooks for his new-found friends, creating local dishes in his small campervan kitchen.

In this episode, Martin begins his journey in his home county of Devon. Here, he finds a stunning beach to park up for the night, fishes for his lunch, has to beat the tide to pick the perfect mussels, tries to master an egg banjo sandwich and is in danger of all his hard work being washed away at the very last minute.

becks77

Re: One Man and his Campervan.

Watched this last night, very interesting what you can coe up with on a camer van stove as long as you aint got 5 in the family trying to cook on a single burner!!! :iconbiggrin:
"no-one can make you feel inferior without your permission"

Silver Ether

it confused me ...one minute he is telling you to travel light then he produces a morter and pestle, second cooker, B_B_Q and :shock: logs ....
http://silverether.wordpress.com/

http://www.folksy.com/shops/Silverether

You can be as self-asservative as you like, I said, just so long as you do what you're told.' Esme Weatherwax.

grahamhobbs

Perhaps ok if you are a VW campervan nerd, but otherwise watching on iplayer I ended up just skipping along because other than interiors of his beloved VW what was there, glimpses of Devon scenery, some very basic foraging, and equally basic cooking. Can't say I learnt anything, other than the blatantly obvious, don't start cooking where the tide is going to come in. (The scene obviously engineered to add some excitement (yawn)).

southeast-isher

Glad you all liked it! Image