Composting with Worms

By popular demand - The book review section.
Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Composting with Worms

I Am going to be sent Composting with Worms by G.Pilkington by the good people at Eco-logic for review. Will place something here when I have had a look, has anyone else read it in the mean time?
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Er better late than never :oops: There are a lot of books out there about composting with worms but most are American, it does not seem to be as popular over here. I think that this book tries to address that. I found it very informative and useful for composters as well as worm composters.

Although I have seen many worms I did not give it a second thought that there were many varieties out there, some better than others for your wormery.

The one thing that I thought this book lacked was diagrams - although saying that it probally because most gardening books are full of them. This book has the diagrams you need for setting up a wormery but that is it. But do you need any more than that?

See the above post for more details.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have just bought, and am in the process of ready and Aussie book - "Organic Growing with Worms (a handbook for a better environment)"
By David Murphy Viking Books 2005. I'll update when I have finished it but it looks pretty good so far.........

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Diagrams are important I think... and I guess it depends on the audience... if it's a more 'professional' book then you would expect fewer diagrams than if it were a book aimed at beginners.

Looking forward to hearing about the book you are reading Nev!
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/