What do Ish-ers write with?

If you know of a way to help save our planet, even just a small part of it put it here. Also if you want to ask how to help, or even if you want to promote your environmental organisation. All goes here.
LBR
Living the good life
Living the good life

What do Ish-ers write with?

What do you write with? Are you still using disposable writing instruments, or do you make your own, or?

Mechanical pencil, fountain pen, or other refillable tool?

I've rediscovered my fountain pens, dipping pens, and mechanical pencils.

How 'bout you?

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What do Ish-ers write with?

I use disposable pens... only I seem to loose them all before I ever throw them out.

I loose other pens too, so 20 pens for 30p seemed a cheaper habit. I also use any freebie ones that I get until they die too - I often reuse the casings in DIY projects. If I still have them when they run out.

In school we had to use fountain pens and I really don't like them, they don't suit my style of writing (I seem to use the wrong kind of strokes) I didn't use a dip-able pen but I did have refillable cartridges. But ink wasn't easy to come by, usually expensive and I could only get strange colours, which my school did not appreciate.
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular

Write? Well I don't do it that much but when I have to it's a biro - we've got heaps of the things, or a pencil... or, if I can't find a pen despite having so many of them I'll rummage in J's crayon box and use one of them.

I do have a fountain pen but I'm out of ink - and I do have a propelling pencil too. I'm beginning to sound like a stationery shop :flower:
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

invisiblepiper

Gel pen or Berol notewriter - great if you need to add an impromptu cartoon :flower:
Two roads diverged in a wood
And I took the one less travelled by
And that has made all the difference.
(Robert Frost)

Clara

Traditional pencils in all but necessary cases (when something has to be filled in ink), then I borrow a biro!
baby-loving, earth-digging, bread-baking, jam-making, off-grid, off-road 21st century domestic goddess....

...and eco campsite owner

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Mainly laptop these days.

For nice letters - fountain pen (bottle fill not cartridge).

For note-taking on courses - rollerball.

For note-taking at home - propelling pencil. (I would use it elsewhere but I'm a bit heavy-handed and am forever flirting bit of graphite around!)
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

MuddyWitch
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

[quote][/Shirley
Post subject: Re: What do Ish-ers write with?

Write? Well I don't do it that much but when I have to it's a biro - we've got heaps of the things, or a pencil... or, if I can't find a pen despite having so many of them I'll rummage in J's crayon box and use one of them.

I do have a fountain pen but I'm out of ink - and I do have a propelling pencil too. I'm beginning to sound like a stationery shop

quote]

I'm the same...dozens of freebie ballpoints here too...Friends of the Earth, Cancer Research & an anonymous white one in my desk pot as I type! Haven't bought a writing impliment for years.

MW
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!

StripyPixieSocks

Probably having the largest pen, pencil, fountain pen, calligraphy pen, propelling pencils etc. etc. etc. hoard than most people... anything that comes to hand.

My best pens are a lovely Parker pen my dad gave me to do my exams at school... brilliant quality and writes like a dream, just keep forgetting to get a refil.

Other than that a well broken into my way of writing fountain pen... love, love, love fountain pens :)

I always have an IKEA pencil or 5 in the car along with a notepad, came in handy when a drunk driver smashed into the back of a car at the lights then drove off, I got his number plate and gave it to the women for the Police :mrgreen:

red

disposable pens mostly - like Annpan, I lose them. they are in the house somewhere.... and they turn up again...
pencils to write the date on the eggs

perm marker to write contents on plastic boxes to go into freezer, and jam jars, wines, etc. i
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

Elizabeth
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Fountain Pen!! Lovely one hubby gave me.

went through a
torquise stage

then a gray/black stage - can't find the ink any more so back to black or brown.

Parker propeller pencil too!
Elizabeth

Remember! Turn off, when not in use

http://www.gardenersclick.com/

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Freebie biros for me mostly. I get so many of them there's no point buying anything else. I do use bought glitter pens for writing in greetings cards.

Zoe

snapdragon
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

whatever comes to hand first - gel/roller pens/freebie biros/ pastel sticks / pencil/crayon/chalk/ink and brush
The kids had loads and didnt take them when they left home and I brought some when I cleared my desk at work
I can see three pen/pencil/brush pots from where I am just now and I know there are at least three more in the house so I don't actually go out and buy them much
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6:

JulieSherris

Write? You mean.... with your hands?? :pale:

Oh, if I am really forced to, it's the freebie pens for me too - although for me, it's usually the little ones you get in Argos... not that I go to argos much, but when I'm shopping in Lidl at Galway, argos is just next door - and their catalogue pages are great for firestarting too :wink:
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

Millymollymandy

Any of the hundreds of freebie biros cluttering up the house though I use a propelling pencil for crosswords and sudoku!

My husband is really into writing implements and has a load of antique fountain pens gathering dust and lots more in his desk drawer. He seems to like purple ink for some reason too. :? But then he is one of those people with really neat hand writing which doesn't change, unlike mine which is and always has been, an untidy scrawl that has changed over the years and doesn't resemble how I used to write at school whatsoever! In fact I find writing quite hard these days - always missing out letters as brain and hand don't work at the same time. :scratch:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

becks77

I use my wonderful Parker fountain bought for me by my sister more years ago than I care to remember, for letters but mostly freebie biros or pencil for day to day :cheers:
"no-one can make you feel inferior without your permission"