Sorry to be boring but....

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
ina
A selfsufficientish Regular

hamster wrote:and then there wouldn't be any funding for Radios 3 and 4, which would be sad....
I have offered to pay a fee for the radio - but can't be done! And I know I'm not the only one who'd be only too willing to pay for the excellent service that's radio 4 (rarely listen to anything else).
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

Martin

very much with you there....... managed to persuade Radio 4 out of the hospital ripoff tv console as a freebie 24/7 during my stay - kept me vaguely sane! :wink:
Mind you, being a firm fan of "Today", I do worry how long intelligent programming like that will last............ :?
Up to a couple of years ago, our local BBC radio station - (Southern Counties) broadcast a really good rival to it, hosted by a very bright chap called John Radford......... unfortunately, it would appear it was TOO bright and intelligent for the powers that be -one day the axe was swung - all the intelligent, articulate presenters were culled in one fell swoop, and replaced with the illiterati who probably would find it hard to muster a fifth of the 700 word vocabulary of Sun readers who thereafter dished out mass-market pap, and rendered the station absolutely unlistenable........ :geek:
Their crime? - probably not having a regional accent, having the temerity to using long words, and daring to be audibly middle-class! :dave:
http://solarwind.org.uk - a small company in Sussex sourcing, supplying, and fitting alternative energy products.
Amateurs encouraged - very keen prices and friendly helpful service!

ina

Gosh, Martin - don't be so blimming negative! :geek:

Hey - positive thinking! Optimism! Flowerpower!!! :dave:
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

Stonehead

ina wrote:Flowerpower!!! :dave:
Martin, Ina has it right. Think triffids.

Chickenlady

Thanks you lot. The vague feeling of impending doom I have been carrying around with me is now not so vague!

We both have reasonable incomes, but we have a huuuuuuuge mortgage. DH is a teacher so his job is safe, I am a childminder, so my job is rather dependant on my clients staying employed. We bought this house thinking that we would make some money on it, even if we struggled a bit paying the mortgage each month, then when the kids kids all leave home we can sell up, downsize and be secure in our old age, or even remortgage to help pay their university fees. If there is a property crash it will all be for nothing.

I understand how frustrating it is for those of you struggling to get a foot on the property ladder, but please don't wish a crash on us. We are not rich and our belts are permanently very tight...
Haste makes waste

Martin

summery BGG muddy bums do?
Image :mrgreen:
there may be hope for us yet........... :dave:
http://solarwind.org.uk - a small company in Sussex sourcing, supplying, and fitting alternative energy products.
Amateurs encouraged - very keen prices and friendly helpful service!