black fleece

Have you made something and want to show it off? This is the place for your photos or just talk about the things that you have made or would like to make. All crafts from knitting and crochet to woodwork, in fact anything that you have made!
red
A selfsufficientish Regular

black fleece

I've been offered a black fleece for free - this bloke has an odd assortment of sheep and always has trouble getting rid of the black fleeces - and burnt one last year to get rid. so i said yes. will I regret it now its become known i am willing to take them?
What shall i do with it? We have booked ourselves into a one day course on processing your own fleece - cleaning carding spinning and dying, being only one day its only going to be a taster.. thought i could practice on black fleece ...

any other thoughts on what I could do with it?
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

flower
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

oooh! there are lots of things you can do with it, don't let fleeces go to waste!

If I were you I'd felt it and wrap around some wellies to make the snuggest slippers you ever wore! Felting is probably the easiest thing to learn at your one day taster and you'll be able to finish off your slippers at home with no special eqipment.
If you have too much to use, clean and card it then give to your local school....I bet they could use it for all sorts of craft projects!

have fun,
Tara xxx

ina

I wish we had a course like that on offer around here - that's just what I need! And tell him never to burn a fleece again; if he really can't find anything else to do with it, he can still compost it.
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

red

well I thought I would keep taking them cos i could prolly freecycle them if necessary - better than wasting it.

Hope this day course works out - nothing like 'hands on' experience.
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

etsy shop

blog

pskipper
Living the good life
Living the good life

Make a peg loom and use the (washed obviously to get rid of bugs etc) un processed fleeces to make rugs, throws, blankets and matress protectors....

http://www.permaculture-magazine.co.uk/ ... es_47.html

I'm planning to give it a go but was going to buy the fleeces.

red

hmm interesting. and the felting idea is good too. course I might be asking how to deal with a block of felted black wool if my washing technique goes off badly :wink:
Red

etsy shop

blog