Weight loss group 2012

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
demi
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

Re: Weight loss group 2012

when the snow clears here im going to try to get out for a run with the dog most days.
iv not done any regular excercise since before i was pregnant, thats over a year and a half ago.
im incredibly unfit, but on the plus side i did give up smoking again when i got pregnant, so im hoping my lungs will be in a better state than when i was running before.

im getting a bike as well and will be cycling to our orchard and back a few times a week which is about a 10km round trip.
im going to get a baby seat for the bike so i can take the baby and my husband can take our older daughter on his bike so we can all go together in the summer to pick the fruit and potter about in the veggie plots.

right, tomorrow im going to try to control myself and learn to say 'no thanks, iv already eaten' when presented with all these tempting cakes and fattening foods.
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

boboff

played squash, sprained my wrist and buggered up my knee, in bed now eating toast ! so not so good!
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

mamos
Living the good life
Living the good life

Got peed off with lack of weight loss so decided to have a blow out last night. Pizza, cider, loads of crisps and chees and crackers

Lost a pound

eat yourself slim
If you are interested in Self Reliance, Frugal Living, Gardening and becoming Debt Free, follow my Blog Tiny Allotment

demi

lol mamos!

get well soon boboff!

getting worried about big al. i dont think hes been on since he said about his accident. hope hes alright :(

i did much better today but got given chocolate cake after dinner, but at least i only ate half of it.
need to get more fruit to eat during the day but im not quite sure where it is. we have a whole orchard but i cant find the fruit lol! i shall fo on a fruit hunt, me thinks it may be in the basement.

i wanted to take the dog a walk today but we are in 1 meter of snow and our dog is a st bernard who has not been walked on a lead in almost a year and a half and im pretty shure she will unintentionally kill me if i try to take her out on the street.
so, waiting for snow to clear so i can start dog walking again.

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

Marmalady
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Up a pound or so this week -- due to irregular / comfort eating throughout a stressfull weekend

things getting back to an even keel now, so its back on the bandwagon and hopefully back to weight loss again this week!

boboff

not weighed as can't stand.... trying to be good, but its hard.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.

demi

i dont have scales!!!! so cant weight myself and its freaking me out slightly.
i know iv definetly put weight on, question is, how much??
need to get new scales asap!

Susie

boboff wrote:played squash, sprained my wrist and buggered up my knee, in bed now eating toast
I think I might have been in bed eating toast just at the thought of having to play squash: at least you actually did it. (Get well soon though!).
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

demi

eating is spiraling out of control. iv been going through 1 loaf of bread a day with nutella nearly every day the past week, inbetween normal meals. i must have put on loads. i could cry.

boboff

Don't feel bad Demi, just keep going, let it pass, and then know you can start again soon. You'll soon get fed up with it and look forward to starting again.

You can't move countries and all that, and be 100% perfect dieter..... Cut yourself some slack, and enjoy it, it's meant to be a treat, and tears and Toast don't taste nice...... Unless your crying because you ran out of bread and Nutella?

demi

boboff wrote:Don't feel bad Demi, just keep going, let it pass, and then know you can start again soon. You'll soon get fed up with it and look forward to starting again.

You can't move countries and all that, and be 100% perfect dieter..... Cut yourself some slack, and enjoy it, it's meant to be a treat, and tears and Toast don't taste nice...... Unless your crying because you ran out of bread and Nutella?
:lol: no we bought some more last night, although its nearly all gone again :roll:

i allways get stuck in these rutts that are so difficult to break out of. i think also because i am not arround my normal 'safe' foods, everything is forrign here but nutella is familiar.

anyways, today is a new day and i can start again. just like i do everyday because by the end of it iv usually gone though a rediculus amount of food :shock:

i need to find my strength and control myself :silent:
i think i can do it. iv had 2 apples for breakfast and im drinking sparkling mineral water as the diet coke taste funny here. water is my new diet coke and its better for me anyway, no nasty sweetners ect.

are you on the mend from your sporting injurys ?
as soon as this snow clears im going jogging with the dog again.

boboff

Water is great. I hate it!
My leg is getting better thank you. Not so pain full, and given a bit of time I can bend it now. Which makes using the WC a little easier!
The thing with diet, it's got to be that I think, your diet. On valentines instead of the usual Fatty Stuff we had Duck Pancakes, Ham & Oven Chips and Poached eggs, and then spoilt on Pineapple Upside down cake and Clotted Cream and Honeycomb Icecream. Not it was a romantic treat, and we listened to the Radio with the Kids for the night etc, but we all probably consumed about 50g less fat each, but still felt like we had a special meal, it's not about being a Martyr, just cutting back on Fat. Well thats what I think anyway.
I boiled my mince yesterday, and was well impressed with how that worked, just drained it hot and although it lost 30% of it's bulk, what went was the fat, I mixed it with 1/3 TVP and I am sure that it tastes the same but with marginal Fat content (by marginal, I mean my bench mark of 4 -5% max)

I have stopped buying biscuits for the kids this week, and I am baking for them instead, at least that way I know what it going into them, and I get the kids to do allot of it, which they enjoy, and then appreciate what they have made.

demi

whats TVP?

i allways cook meat without oil. especially for mince, there is enough fat in the mince that comes out when you fry it so you dont need to add extra oil. im cooking with stake meat ( chicken, pork or whatever ) i grill it first so the fat dripps out then add it to the main meal.

baking is another weak point for me. i love home baking and my daughter allways likes to help me.

boboff

Textured Vegetable Protien, not called Soya Mince. Used to be a Student Stable back in the Day!
Definately try the Boiling mince first, I reckon it's a winner, when it was cold it was still free moving, ,normally the fat makes it go back into a big lump. We don't have the budget for much meat at £10 a kilo. I made chicken Stock with Frozen Chicken brest ( £3.70 for 700g 1/2 price at Supermarket) The resultant boiled chicken I used in Jacket Fillers (0.2% Fat Soft Cheese from Lidl, like Quark) and with a Low Fat 1/2 price Tikka Marsala Sauce, and as Porridge Oat crusted baked "KFC" stylie! The Stock I used in Smoked Haddock and Potato Soup & a Green Thai Soup with peppers and Yoghurt and Chillis with more of the chicken, which was a real winner, although the small amount of creamed coconut not that healthy but well tasty.

Marmalady
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

ooops

another couple of pounds up this week :(

*must try harder*