mushroom id?

Want your Mushroom ID? Ask here and also look at some of the old posts here to see what you might have. Make sure you use a field guide and triple check using google images.
ross.s
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

mushroom id?

wanting to start picking my own mushrooms, was out today and got a few but not too sure what they are though (dont worry not going to eat them untill i know what they are).

any help would be great.... good web sites, books ect

Is this a saffron milk caps ??

and are these ceps?

poor looking Girolles?

becks77
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: mushroom id?

Some good id here http://www.nifg.org.uk/edible_fungi.htm
HTH
Becks x
"no-one can make you feel inferior without your permission"

kit-e-kate
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Re: mushroom id?

Hi, its helpful if you include a bit more detail about where you found them. Habitat is a really important factor in mushroom identification.
But judging from the photos i would say:
Saffron Milk Cap? No, they are quite spotty. I think it looks like a russula of some kind. Do the gills crumble?
Cep? Kind of looks like a mixture of avery similar species, the one with the black spotted stem looks like a Birch bolete to me, the other two look like bay boletes to me. THey are both edible type but those ones do look a bit past it! Keep an eye onthe spot where you got them though!
Girolles? Nope. Do a google image search, notice the way they don't really have gills as such; more like wrinkes, or folds, and how the wrinkles run down the stem, so its one object, not a cap and stem combo. The best way i find to get girolles/chanterelles is by looking under beech trees, next to ditches, or verges.
Happy Hunting! :icon_smile: