Neighbours at war

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
homegrown
Living the good life
Living the good life
Location: North Canterbury, NZ, somewhere between reality and heaven

Neighbours at war

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! £@$%*?//!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

i THOUGHT THE NEIGHBOUR NEXTDOOR WAS JUST THE LOCAL VILLAGE IDIOT now I release he is an absolute certifiable nutcase. To prevent us from driving into a rural delivery area to collect the mail he has put posts and stakes everywhere claiming that we are damaging the drive by turning in, hello its dirt?, then because my wife goes and tells him to leave the mail area alone he then rings the landlord and complains about the rooster again, saying it was crowing at 3.30 in the morning, well i was up at 3.30am with our youngest who has bad ears at the moment, and it certainly wasn't crowing then. he then preceded to tell the landlord that the rooster wasn't locked away because he came over on to our land while we asleep and checked, now the landlord is ringing us and telling us all this with a tone that suggests he believes the neighbour, even pffering to come out and stay the night to check.

The silly thing is they are in a two story house in a bedroom on the opposit side of the house and its over sixty bloody feet away, the neighbour on the other side who is closer says it doesn't bother them at all.

So now a step even further the poor rooster is shut uop in a small wooden box on his own inside the coop separate from his girls so he can't swell up his chest enough to crow, the poor thing is goona croak with the stress at this rate.

we have also found that the postie and most of the neighbours have all had run ins with this guy, but it doesn't help us because we live right nextdoor, it would be funny but the stress is making me ill as I suffer from severe clinically diagnosed depression and anxiety.

I don't know hat to do anymore! Sorry had to vent somewhere.
Our remote ancestors said to their mother Earth, "We are yours."
Modern humanity has said to Nature, "You are mine."
The Green Man has returned as the living face of the whole earth so that through his mouth we may say to the universe, "We are one."

Author Unknown

Big Al
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Neighbours at war

without knowing the full story, i.e. from both sides it's hard to comment other than to say don't let it bother you. I know thats easy to say but think of it as a war of attricion. He throws up a problem, you deal with it amicably. He throws up another, you deal with it again.... eventually he will give in and not bother. Alternativly there is always violence !
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

John Headstrong

tell the police that you have had the neighbor on your land looking in your windows and that you do not feel safe, they should have a word with him.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Don't know how to advise you, just sending :hugish: really. It is so stressful when you have problem neighbours. Especially if they're in the "we own our property, you're just renting camp". Been there, bought the T-shirt.

I wouldn't worry too much about the landlord, I'm guessing he's had problems with this guy before and it's much easier to lean on you to sort it than for him to take it on.

The most important thing is to look after yourself - if your mood goes down you can't think or deal rationally with the problem. So divert your attention to some other task - and if you feel like clobbering him get a really big hammer and do some of your wonderful woodwork - forcefully :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

prison break fan

No advice I'm afraid, just lots of sympathy! Please don't let him make you ill, he would just enjoy that. pbf.

Martina
Living the good life
Living the good life

Homegrown,

If he has bothered the other neighbours, chances are they just ignored him until was forced to come to you to be an idiot. Just do the same, and send him back their way! :mrgreen: Seriously, just stay civil, work with the landlord and ignore this guy.He will get bored and move on to someone else.

Best of luck and take care,
Martina
You can see my photos at------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40007483@N05/

MuddyWitch
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

Nothing usefull to add; just heaps of :hugish: :hugish: :hugish:

MW
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!

shell
Living the good life
Living the good life

how awful! we had a problem when my son was in his teens,we just got housed in a council place next to some ugly bat who thought she owned the street not just her place,and sadly she had probs with other neighbours,unfortunatly as you know teen boys he antagonised her by slamming the doors constantly,we moved before war broke out,
could you have your mail left at another convenient address?or left at the postoffice?or get a stroppy teenage lad to collect your mail for you?

Rick&Carol
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

every sympathy - we live next door to a real old fusspot - actually about 15 yrs younger than us, complains about our hens visiting his garden after he encouraged them round then realised after a few months that chickens poo, talked to our dog through the garden fence for about a year then complained she barked. - we are in 'grin and bare it'a small village to the south of buggaroff

homegrown
Living the good life
Living the good life

Well we have arranged to move our letterbox to another nearby drop point and have spoken to the police who say that we can serve him with a tresspass notice, went out several times during the night to check if rooster crowing can be heard and there is no way he can hear it now but I'm going to add insulation to the new coop I brought and see how it goes.

Thanks everyone for the good thoughts and ishhugs
The Green Man has returned as the living face of the whole earth so that through his mouth we may say to the universe, "We are one."

Author Unknown

Millymollymandy

More ishhugs from me too and I hope you get this person sorted out :violent1: as it's the last thing you need after the stress of moving house. :hugish: :hugish:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

missy
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

in our old house we had a shared path between us and next door and the woman used to do all sorts to terrorise me.. she started a week after we bought our first house. made the two years there complete hell. At the time i was 20 years old and pregnant with our 2nd child and my husband was going to work in london each day. but if anything like that happened now, there is no way in hell that i'd take it like i did. especially as she was a council tenant and we owned our house.
in the end we gave up arguing back and just ignored her and smiled whenever we saw her (though gritted teeth). she soon got fed up.

i hope your able to find a resolution to your situation :)
Missy
photographer and mother of 3
http://missysx.blogspot.com/

homegrown
Living the good life
Living the good life

well its time for an update

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

well we tried just live and let live continuing to lock up the rooster and we moved our mailbox 25 metres down the road, and then he started a war of atrician visiting all the other people in our little rural district until he could talk someone into to complaining with him to the local council, so now we have had the council officer out saying sort something out or the rooster goes.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well he asked for it
following advice from the council we are moving the chickens to the other end of our 3/4 of an acre section onto some land that is part ours and part council (we have applied for and had accepted a right to occuppy lease. it also gives me more garden space for veg. The funny thing is its the very piece of land he claimed when we moved in saying that it was his to use not ours. So now the council is going to serve hime with papers ordering him to remove all his crap from the land as he did not have their consent and because they had to come out to look they also discovered several things on his own property that he did not have consent for or had not done properly like an unfenced swimming pool. All of which he could have avoided if he had just been willing to sit down with us over a cuppa and sort someting out like civilised people.

Recently we found out the sorce of his animosity toward us, apparently the house we rent was originally going to be a B&B run by them but the landlord changed is mind and they're not happy about it.

cheers :flower:

Author Unknown

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

:lol: :lol: Good! :lol: :lol:

That must be a relief!

Be careful he doesn't see all this as your fault (not his for starting the whole thing) and escalate his venom. Just keep doing everything by the book and with the Council's full knowledge then he can't do anything.

Best of luck honey.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Millymollymandy

Glad to hear it Homegrown and hope everything will be OK now. :flower:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/