Its Not Easy Being Green-worth a watch

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
Batfink
Tom Good
Tom Good

I managed to record a whole 30mins of snooker. Great... just what I wanted to watch!!!
Just because it feels good, it doesn't make it right.

Leanne
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

it was taken off for snooker, its back next week- 3 more episodes to go
Leanne

Lou8
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

My Donnachadh McCarthy book arrived today.

Looks good.

I will go through it a few minutes each night - will get my score for just now then hopefully re-do it a year from now and it will be much better!

Chickenlady
A selfsufficientish Regular

I have just finished that book! It is brilliant and I truly believe that every household should own a copy.
Haste makes waste

Cheezy

Just so's ya know, the snooker should be finished tonight (God how many months has it been on!), and yer programme should be returning tomorrow, so set the vids etc.

C
It's not easy being Cheezy
So you know how great Salsify is as a veg, what about Cavero Nero,great leaves all through the winter , then in Spring sprouting broccolli like flowers! Takes up half as much room as broccolli

Muddypause
Location: Urban Berkshire, UK (one day I'll find the escape route)

I defence of snooker, I would like to say that at least it's not interminable football, or everlasting cricket, or dull as ditchwater motor racing.

Snooker is a game of exquisite beauty, great skill and considerable intelligence, played by people who are, in the main, nicely self-effacing, and can string more than five words together to make a sentence. All of them woefully overpaid, I'll grant you.
Stew

Ignorance is essential

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hear hear, Stew!
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

the woodmaiden
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Looks like its about wind turbines tonight 8)
Hope its good! this is the only thing I am turning the telly on for at the moment!
Bright Blessings
Danette
x x x x

Cheezy

Muddypause wrote:I defence of snooker, I would like to say that at least it's not interminable football, or everlasting cricket, or dull as ditchwater motor racing.

Snooker is a game of exquisite beauty, great skill and considerable intelligence, played by people who are, in the main, nicely self-effacing, and can string more than five words together to make a sentence. All of them woefully overpaid, I'll grant you.
Indeed, and it's a damed hard game to play....However it is exceptionally dull to watch. And as first witness for the prosecution I call for the bloke who during the final stood up (apparently I am told by the BBC) while Peter Ebdon was playing and shouted that he would rather watch paint dry!!!. He was then removed from the match.
Ebdon later lost the match, but in a bazaar twist gained a new sponsor, DULUX!!! who are paying him £50K a year....

No further witnesses my lord!.
It's not easy being Cheezy
So you know how great Salsify is as a veg, what about Cavero Nero,great leaves all through the winter , then in Spring sprouting broccolli like flowers! Takes up half as much room as broccolli

Millymollymandy

Ha ha ha! I have actually watched paint dry - and that is a lot more interesting than snooker, and a helluva lot more interesting and less noisy than football!

Shirley

Someone posted this on my iVillage Green Living board -

You can watch it online here (ALL of the episodes that have been shown so far!!)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/programmes/?id=easy_green

And here is the families website - now this is brilliant with loads of useful info, great links and details of courses that they are holding.

http://www.itsnoteasybeinggreen.org/
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

the woodmaiden

I was looking at the website last night Shirlz & spent ages reading the link to Navitron about the wind turbines..........would love one! but seems the only one we could really afford would only power the lighting,which altho free lighting for ever lol! I hardly have lights on :roll: ,oh I wish was gadzillionaire & could afford the big beastys that power the lot AND sell to the grid :wink:

What I really like about this family is their approach of *making do*,lots would have moved into that place & called in decorators & designers etc to make it *pretty* they seem to fill the place with love & smiles enough so the lack of ceilings & wallpaper lol doesnt matter,an attitude I think is grand! :cheers:
right best dash should be dressed by now lol! :oops:
Love
Woody
x x x x

Shirley

the woodmaiden wrote:What I really like about this family is their approach of *making do*,lots would have moved into that place & called in decorators & designers etc to make it *pretty* they seem to fill the place with love & smiles enough so the lack of ceilings & wallpaper lol doesnt matter,an attitude I think is grand! :cheers:
Nail on the head!! I love that thought - filling the place with love and smiles!!!

Shirlz xx
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/