swine flu

Politics, news, current affairs and anything else that you think should be here goes here.
invisiblepiper
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: swine flu

[quote="Big Al"][quote="Zaf"]thanks Big Al

She swung round the perch at least 8 times,
Al - I have not heard that phrase before - and you have made me smile - as my Mum is in the same state now. I know that the situation is not amusing - but the image of a budgie - combined with the Python's parrot sketch fairly lightened my mood this morning. Thankyou!
Two roads diverged in a wood
And I took the one less travelled by
And that has made all the difference.
(Robert Frost)

Zaf
Tom Good
Tom Good

it made me smile too :)

Big Al

invisiblepiper wrote:
Big Al wrote:
Zaf wrote:thanks Big Al

She swung round the perch at least 8 times,
Al - I have not heard that phrase before - and you have made me smile - as my Mum is in the same state now. I know that the situation is not amusing - but the image of a budgie - combined with the Python's parrot sketch fairly lightened my mood this morning. Thankyou!

The thing for me is that death comes to us all and we have no say on coming into this world and no say on going out of this world, it's the bit in the middle that makes the difference.

For those of a religeous bent it's the opportunity to be with their god so we should be happy for them. Of those of a buddhist nature it's the chance to come back again, hopefully as a human and do more good work and I guess the same vein can be carried forward for those of other beliefs or non beliefs.

We did play always look on the brighter side of life at her funeral and Fire by arthur brown as she went through the curtains...

For those that struggle with death, let me try to say fill your heart with the good memories and if you don't have them then let them burn in .....,lol.
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

Zaf
Tom Good
Tom Good

lovely attitude Al, Im planning a woodland burial for myself with 'ashes to ashes' playing - not sure if I'll meet up with your mam or not but I think I prefer the warmth of the fires than sitting on a cloud with a harp :wink:

Big Al

Zaf wrote:lovely attitude Al, Im planning a woodland burial for myself with 'ashes to ashes' playing - not sure if I'll meet up with your mam or not but I think I prefer the warmth of the fires than sitting on a cloud with a harp :wink:
Well I know this thread is going on about death which may be swine flu related one day but my three songs are Are you ready for this by 2 unlimited as my coffin goes in, The things my father said by Black stone cherry, [if you have ever lost a father listen to this song] and then AC/DC's highway to Hell as I go out. The ashes are going to be thrown from a hot air balloon as it passes over lake windermere then the wife and son have an excuse to visit the lakes for holidays...

Back to swine flu.... I have it and it's a pig to get rid of. I was talking on the phone the other day and it was "Crackling" but one thing that hasn't happened yet is me coming out in rashers.... :spam1:
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

wolfsong
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Big Al wrote:Back to swine flu.... I have it and it's a pig to get rid of. I was talking on the phone the other day and it was "Crackling" but one thing that hasn't happened yet is me coming out in rashers.... :spam1:
ouch!! that was BAD....
the crackling ones been going around for a while though :wink:
anyway, you talk alot of sense, but we can't be prepared for everything (just done my philosophy final exam, so i know how not being prepared feels).
As I ping from tree to tree I wonder... why do I seem to have transformed into a pinging tree-dwelling thing?

invisiblepiper

makes you pig sick really!
- and we mustn't worry about any misinformation on the internet - 'cos its probably just spam
Oh - and try some oinkment for your rashers Big Al!
( Shall I just apologise now? :oops: )
Two roads diverged in a wood
And I took the one less travelled by
And that has made all the difference.
(Robert Frost)

MuddyWitch
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

( Shall I just apologise now? :oops: )
I thought you were just hamming it up, IP! :lol:

MW
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!

Millymollymandy

Hogging the limelight, more like! :lol:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sounds like a bunch of porkies to me!

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Big Al

On the bbc news yesterday the health minister said that there would be 100,000 new cases PER DAY by the end of August...
Time to batten down the hatches me finks...
Secret Asparagus binger

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

How do you know when government ministers are bullshi**ing?

Their lips move.

Don't barricade yourself in quite yet, Al :wink:

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

wolfsong
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

totally agree with that last never trust ANYTHING a politician says!
Anyway, it's a bit like the weather, no one can predict which way the winds going to blow...
Look at the BBC's (slightly too excellent for my liking) 'swine flu map' and the amount of deaths does not directly correlate to the amount of cases... really.

It (like any flu) picks off the weak, and in a care-home state like ours, with very little intelligence involved in designing the institutions' policies, swine flu will propagate easily, and tip the balance on those who are on the brink already!

Look at ANY of the deaths in Britain and they all had underlying problems, swine flu was the key to the vault. (architectural not banking :cooldude: )

So i'm not even worrying about it anymore, if I get it, that's one of life's eventualities.

Get outside and be HAPPY!!!! If you die, then you will look back (potentially) wondering why you wasted so much time worrying about DEATH.

an interesting statistic that i always quote... You know the death rate amongst human beings? 100%, always has been , always will be.
As I ping from tree to tree I wonder... why do I seem to have transformed into a pinging tree-dwelling thing?

Big Al

wolfsong wrote:totally agree with that last never trust ANYTHING a politician says!
Anyway, it's a bit like the weather, no one can predict which way the winds going to blow...
Look at the BBC's (slightly too excellent for my liking) 'swine flu map' and the amount of deaths does not directly correlate to the amount of cases... really.

It (like any flu) picks off the weak, and in a care-home state like ours, with very little intelligence involved in designing the institutions' policies, swine flu will propagate easily, and tip the balance on those who are on the brink already!

Look at ANY of the deaths in Britain and they all had underlying problems, swine flu was the key to the vault. (architectural not banking :cooldude: )

So i'm not even worrying about it anymore, if I get it, that's one of life's eventualities.

Get outside and be HAPPY!!!! If you die, then you will look back (potentially) wondering why you wasted so much time worrying about DEATH.

an interesting statistic that i always quote... You know the death rate amongst human beings? 100%, always has been , always will be.

Wolfsong, you are talking out of your srse again... I can't agree with this post. Swine flue is killing off the YOUNG I.E. the under 25 age group ( worldwide) not the old so care homes will not necessarilly be a major problem except the carers may not be there.

As for the deaths in britain... Wake up to the proaganda please !!! Does it not strike you as funny that ALL the deaths had "underlying health problems" What are these underlying problems? Could it be that one had cancer and another a broken toe nail?? no mention of what these problems were and when I asked I was told that this infomation couldn't be given out due to patient confidentiallity. Right ho... a cover up... and you can't say I'm paranoid because it was a politician that i asked !!!

The bottom line is that so many countries around the world have a "just in time " culture these days. When the power workers go down with swine flu, even if it doesn't kill them it will leave catastophic power failures within 4 days. Food deliveries will be hit because drivers will be down fuel production and delivery will be down when refinery workers are down. Many major roads will be closed to normal traffic to ensure deliveries to major institutions such as hospitals and government places are kept supplied.
It is said that Japan only has enough imported coal and gas for 3 days so if ocean tankers are dissabled then the whole country will go down with obvious repercusions round the world and if you wonder what Japan has to do with the world think G8 country......

But you are ok Wolfsong, you are like my 19 yr old son who knows better than an old fart like me who can remember [ vaguely] the 1963 winter, the 1968 flu pandemic, the oil shortages in 1973 etc, etc.

Also like my wife, she said a couple of weeks ago that she was "humouring me" with regards to stockpiling food and water. Well they [ son and wife] both know that if TSHTF then they will get one chance to be with me or I'll take the dog and the stash and I'll be bogging off out of the place and leave them to it and if you think that's callous.... I agree but I love that gloria gaynor song... whatis it, I will survive....
Secret Asparagus binger

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, well, well - I think I've been there and got the T-shirt. I checked the NHS symptoms site, and I've just had either a summer chill (by which I assume they mean a heavy cold), seasonal flu or swine flu (every single symptom - but mild). I had a temperature which knocked me off my feet a couple of times, so a cold's out - I've never run a temperature with a cold. There's not an awful lot of seasonal flu around at the moment. Chances are, then, I'm now immune to further developments.

Effective treatment - paracetamol and bed.

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)