Dirty young man

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
Rosendula
A selfsufficientish Regular

Dirty young man

I'm talking about my son. He's mucky. :lol: His job as an apprentice electrician has him crawling through lofts and all sorts of narrow gaps and he comes home absolutely grafted from head to foot. Unfortunately, normal soap and shower gel isn't getting it off, so he's wondering if anyone knows of a not-too-expensive natural swarfega-type product that he can use in the shower on his face, arms and legs.
Rosey xx

Clara

Re: Dirty young man

salt and olive oil scrub, or sugar if he's got cuts (salt stings!), or gentle use of a pumice stone works great.
baby-loving, earth-digging, bread-baking, jam-making, off-grid, off-road 21st century domestic goddess....

...and eco campsite owner

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you go for the salt and oil watch out for slipping in the shower... don't half make you slippy. (I made some lovely stuff for BIL - with powdered cinnamon and ginger)

How about bicarb? you could always scent it with tea-tree and mint (or something equally manly)
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Milims

I bought a bar of lovely scrubby soap from lush recently. It's made with sand and has a lovely citrus smell. I know about electrician muck - I've done it too - and this stuff seems to shift it!
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Rosendula

Thanks for the replies so far. I will probably try all the ideas small-scale to see which ones he likes.
Milims wrote:I bought a bar of lovely scrubby soap from lush recently. It's made with sand and has a lovely citrus smell. I know about electrician muck - I've done it too - and this stuff seems to shift it!
We had thought about sand, but having recently had to remove the U-bend from the wash basin and getting rather stinky in the process I would like to avoid having to do that for the bath. Doesn't sand sink and pile up in the U-bend? :scratch:
Rosey xx

Ellendra

Try a scrubbing brush, with his normal soap. It can be as aggressive as you like (depending on how stiff the bristles are and how vigorously he scrubs), but it won't effect your pipes at all.

The kind used to scrub floors seems to work well for me.

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

i knoe Ecover used to do a lovely hand scrub for dirty hands, but i'm not sure if they do it anymore.