ambi poor

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
Rosendula
A selfsufficientish Regular

ambi poor

I knew it. :shock: I knew that's what I saw! :shock: We mute the TV during advert breaks, but I looked up and caught a glimpse of some words. I thought I was seeing things, but I've just looked up the website and it's true!

Ambi Poor have a new fragrance -
....."open windows"
It's part of one of those 3-in-1 air 'fresheners', where it changes to a different smell every so often in order to keep you aware of it. The collection is called "Fresh New Day", and is made up of "newly mown grass" and "morning breeze" as well as the "open windows" one.

FGS! :cussing: Just open the flipping windows!
Rosey xx

Clara

Re: ambi poor

Classic. Bet the ad "creative" who came up with that doesn't even see the irony.

When we stayed in my MILs flat whilst she was in hospital we removed over 20 air fresheners from various places - she only had 5 rooms.
baby-loving, earth-digging, bread-baking, jam-making, off-grid, off-road 21st century domestic goddess....

...and eco campsite owner

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

I suppose if you live in the middle of London or similar, open windows aren't an option and so they need to simulate fresh air as they've not smelled it in a while.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Millymollymandy

Or for people in countries where you can't open the windows when it's raining cos they open inwards, or like us you don't open the windows for 6 months of the year because it is too darned cold out there and there's no central heating to rewarm the rooms! :lol: Mind you I'm happy just with ordinary room smell though I used to use those things when I smoked inside the house.
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Clara

And moreover.....what exactly does an open window smell of? one would have thought much the same as a closed window IYKWIM. Surely they mean "fresh air", but then if they started selling a product called that people might catch on and start having dangerous thoughts about the whole consumerist thing :bom:
baby-loving, earth-digging, bread-baking, jam-making, off-grid, off-road 21st century domestic goddess....

...and eco campsite owner

Millymollymandy

Clara wrote:And moreover.....what exactly does an open window smell of? one would have thought much the same as a closed window IYKWIM. Surely they mean "fresh air", but then if they started selling a product called that people might catch on and start having dangerous thoughts about the whole consumerist thing :bom:
Fresh air can smell of all sorts of interesting things. Muck spreading could be an interesting pong for Ambi Pur to investigate for that 'fresh countryside aroma'. :lol:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Would that be Ambi poo? :roll:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

On a slightly different tack, when my daughter and her husband first moved here they reckoned they needed help to get to sleep and bought one of those CDs of waves breaking on the shore, which they played all night.
Thing is .... we live 500 yards from the sea :sunny:
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

invisiblepiper

How about 'TINS OF AIR' - we could fill tins with air from different sources - 'seaside' Country side' 'Pig Pen' :lol: Then sell them - tins would be recyclable AND there would be no risk to the ozone layer from opening a can ...............................

We could call them ' FRESH AIRISH'
Two roads diverged in a wood
And I took the one less travelled by
And that has made all the difference.
(Robert Frost)

snapdragon
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

:lol: LOL what a laugh - I can get all sorts of smells from opening a window - I wonder if it changes ?? :shock:

oohh a reminder of inward opening windows - and those lovely outside roll down blinds we had in germany makes me homesick for my little house in Windberg sigh :cry:
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6:

red

snapdragon wrote::lol: LOL what a laugh - I can get all sorts of smells from opening a window - I wonder if it changes ?? :shock:

:
:lol:
perhaps it switches between 2 scents... maybe manure spreading and next door's bonfire?

or road pollution then bin day
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

anarchistinslippers
Tom Good
Tom Good

We have cans of air at my work, we used them to clean keyboards, machinery etc. Utterly ridiculous, obviously, but they do help refresh the parts jaycloths cannot reach.
"All I want is peace, to grow potatoes and to dream" Moomin (Tove Jansson)