Self Sufficientish Bible Ebook?

Thought it would be nice to let you lot know what is going on and any future plans etc.
cookie
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Self Sufficientish Bible Ebook?

Firstly appologies if this is posted in the wrong place or if the suggestion has ever been made.

I was wondering whether you had considered creating the bible in ebook formatt. In terms of the enviroment it would obviously save trees. In terms of income once you've created it - its all profit. You could sell it as one - or if too big you could sell per chapter at a couple of quid or whatever.

You could also get affiliates putting the ebook on their site. More free advertising. There are loads of copies that you could do this through with minimum effort.

Any thoughts?

Rosendula
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Self Sufficientish Bible Ebook?

I'm interested in the response to this, too, but from a different angle.

I wrote a book a few years ago, but I didn't think it was good enough to publish at the time, and the timing was all wrong (it's a book about money). The timing is now right for it and I'm working on it once again to improve it. I don't have too much work to do on it, but finding the time is difficult. As my book is aimed at people who don't have much money to spare, trying to sell them it is an obstacle and I am considering doing it over the internet as an Ebook, with the chance to buy it outright or chapter by chapter - pay for a chapter, then receive it. I'm not sure if people should have to get the chapters in the correct order, or if they should be allowed to purchase just those chapters they are interested in.

I'm also preparing a sample that people can buy before committing - then if they buy the whole thing, they get back the price of the sample.
Rosey xx

cookie
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I think samples should always be free - otherwise whats the point of a sample? Look at Amazons 'look inside the book' function. I love this and it usually encourages me to spend the money. The table of contents, and a few clips of articles.

Also I don't think you should ever force someone to buy something in any order. That would annoy the hell out of me. More like a subscription (and you know with those you always get something you are not interested in). You may as well just sell the whole thing outright. Just my opinion.

I think a book about money is definately useful at the moment though. I always dreamed about writing a book and getting published.

Rosendula

Thanks, Cookie. That's really helpful.
:flower:
Rosey xx

mamos
Living the good life
Living the good life

If you did want to sell a paper version you could check out lulu.com

mamos
If you are interested in Self Reliance, Frugal Living, Gardening and becoming Debt Free, follow my Blog Tiny Allotment

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am not sure what I can say here about this without getting into trouble with my publisher. I guess what I can say is that there is a great big blank space on our contract where the royalty rates for ebooks should be. I have suggested it, but until a rate that favours the author (who of course does the lionshare of the work when it is an ebook) reached it won't be an ebook. We are tied in with our publisher with regards to release of an ebook and can't just put it up ourselves. There will also be an issue with the designer and them getting paid.

Saying that you can look around themain site for extracts which are all clearly marked.

As for getting a preview of this or indeed any other book, how about going to your library and perhaps ordering a copy?

To get a book published it is all about getting it seen by a publisher. Sticking to a smaller publisher which you can approach yourself will have some clear advantages as you will be seen as a person and not just a commodity. The downside is distribution but even then bigger publishers can't always ensure that stock is in all the shops or even on line for lets say for arguments sake, Christmas.

Getting an agent is always good advice and with non fiction you only have to have an idea (and the ability to write) to sell a book.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging