Zero waste town in Japan

Politics, news, current affairs and anything else that you think should be here goes here.
Sian
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Zero waste town in Japan

jim
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Zero waste town in Japan

Dear Sian,

Very interesting, also some other thought provoking stuff on the same BBC page. Did you read the bit entitled "Is it worth going green"?

Perhaps it might start an interesting thread would bring up new ideas we could all share on the matter .....

Love and Peace
Jim
The law will punish man or woman
Who steals the goose from off the Common
But lets that greater thief go loose
Who steals the Common from the goose.

Sian

Ooh no I didn't notice that one, I just went and found it though; would provoke a very interesting discussion here! I suppose it plays into the whole thing that most people seem to do in the UK-only follow the recycle part of the three R's. They couldn't mention going green by, say, giving up flying because it's obvious that that is worth it for the environment. It also mentions something I always notice about reports into whether green things are or not-they sometimes miss important parts of the equation.

jim
Living the good life
Living the good life

Dear Sian,

I've agree with you that a lot of people are opting for the easy options rather than take actions that would make a real difference. But one step at a time in the right direction is better than nothing at all.

Apart from Defra the report doesn't attribute the quotes, only vague references to "a Swedish group". Are these people reputable scientists or a bunch of technicians aasembled by the disposable nappy industry? This isn't paranoid delusion, you should try looking up list of climate change denials issued by groups with respectable names that turn out to be affiliates of ESSO. (Indymedia is a good place to start enquiry in that direction!)

Love and Peace
Jim
The law will punish man or woman
Who steals the goose from off the Common
But lets that greater thief go loose
Who steals the Common from the goose.