10 things I've done that you probably haven't

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
AXJ
A selfsufficientish Regular

8. Still hasn't got living room curtains yet (well I still haven't yet and we seem to be pretty similar )
Me too, in fact no curtains at all anywhere except the showers!! :3some:

contadina

1. Been rescued from drowning by a banana boat.

2. Been called a cheeky monkey by Jimmy Tarbuck (he’d tracked down a compilation album with him singing Bye Bye Blackbird). I, truthfully, told him we played it when we wanted the shop to empty.

3. Interviewed the former Czech prime minister whilst quite drunk on campari (he drank several glasses neat and chain smoked throughout the interview).

4. Had to clean some lava from my husband’s eye in Hawaii (I think it was just sulphur but he still insists it was molten lava).

5. Had a pet cow called Curly, which I used to bring into the house for tea parties.

6. Been in a horse stampede (quite terrifying and only lived to tell the tale as my quick thinking brother threw me over a fence.

7. Drove a dumper truck down a steep hill and into a tree aged three. Some numpty had left the hand-break on.

8. Had to drag a friend away from an altercation over a pool table with PogueMahone (as they were known back then).

9. Rode in a sidecar made out of a wooden box

10. Been called sparkly by Zoe Ball
Last edited by contadina on Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lady Willow
Living the good life
Living the good life

Dori wrote: 9) Have met Dame Judi Dench who is the most loveable person ever!!

Katie xx
Lucky you! She's lovely!! So graceful, elegant and attractive. Shows you can still be sexy past 60!

Hey Dori - good luck conquering the problems you have had ... I will send a good thought or two your way on Friday :mrgreen:

Jobi1canobi
Living the good life
Living the good life

Dori wrote:8)Am in more debt that I ever imagined I would because of a bad relationship..
Hey Dori - sorry to hear about your situation - don't know if you've come across this site/forum before... http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

I've found it really useful in the past.

All the best.
Jobi1

"A bargain is something you can't use at a price you can't resist." - Franklin Jones.

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

I have a few more for mine. Going to try and make 20 lol!!

11) been on bbc news 24 when I was 17. I made a total ass of myself and am thankful that only I hold the video evidence- well, I and the bbc archives I suppose.
12) got heckled by Norman Lovett when he did a gig at my student union bar; no I did not heckle him first. I took my jumper off to reveal a rather tight t-shirt which said "nobody knows I'm a lesbian" on it. I was fairly hefty chested even then and aparently I caught him off guard.
13) had a pint of snakebite bought for me by Norman Lovett by way of appology :lol:
14) have driven a rover 827 coupé at 100mph
15) have driven a volvo S80 at 100mph
16) I used to carry my daughter up and down the stairs to my our flat in an Asda cloth bag for life, until she got too big for it. it made her giggle.
17) I own all 8 red dwarf DVDs, despite number 8 being sh1te... I bought the last one just to make up the collection :oops:
18) fed my daughter pickled octopus when she was 5 months old
19) taught myself to sew
20) taught myself how to use photoshop

phew.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Clara

This is all very interesting stuff.....

I knew there´d be some crackers from the contadin@ household!
baby-loving, earth-digging, bread-baking, jam-making, off-grid, off-road 21st century domestic goddess....

...and eco campsite owner

AXJ

Lucky you! She's lovely!! So graceful, elegant and attractive. Shows you can still be sexy past 60!
She has the voice of an angel.

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Well these are nowhere near as exciting as some of you guys. But here goes:

1) Met Frankie Howerd
2) Ridden an ostrich
3) Sat next to Martin Johnson on a plane
4) Stored Catatonia's drum kit in my hall
5) Thrown Cerys Matthews (from Catatonia) out of my living room
6) Walked on the Great Wall of China (OK it was the tourist bit)
7) Am a world record holder (well myself and thousands of others for attending the largest dance class ever)
8) Stayed in Alistair McGowan's house (he wasn't there unfortunately)
9) Was taught maths by John Atyeo http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Atyeo
10) Lived in a 400 year old farmhouse which was partly constructed from wood salvaged from a shipwrecked spanish galleon.

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

snapdragon wrote: :lol: me too ;) and say llanfairpwllgwyngyllgolgerychllwydroblechllantisiliogogogoch (though I doubt I spelled it right) :lol:
Hey so can I!!! :lol: The great thing is that so few people can work out if you've said it wrong :lol:
snapdragon wrote: 9. Saw Queen in concert (also Cliff Richard but we don't talk about that)
Wasn't at Knebworth by any chance was it?

AXJ

mrsflibble wrote:I have a few more for mine. Going to try and make 20 lol!!
It is tempting

11. The Youngest Person to pass the British Horse Federation riding test (at the time, I very much doubt that I hold the title)

12. Put the first Horoscope online, getting over a million hits a month including the Whitehouse and NASA as regular visitors... makes ya wonder dunnit?

13. Emptied a large chemical toilet in a hole at the top of a ridge, and then unwillingly surfed back to the bottom of the hill on a tusnami of sewage. (Narrowboat days)

14. Eaten a plate of stone cold snails just not to make a fuss in the restaurant. (yewwww)

15. Had a full airport body search, with detectors and everything, and got home to find there was something in my handbag that I'd completely forgotten about. (some how I doubt this is unusual).

16. Had Mi5 turn up on my doorstep one evening without an appointment to grill me and s.o. for two hours because I wrote a letter to the Church Times and the idiots published the letter with my full street address. (Cold War times - if you are out there, yes it is me again!)

17. Helped renovated a paddle steamer which now is a working boat.

18. Witnessed the cellibration of communion in the Royal Chapel in Hampton Court... I did not sip from the cup I am a heathen.

19. Gave up 55k a year to look after my children (not so uncommon I imagine)

20. Have had to beg for charity. (ditto)

possum

1) got asked for proof of age when trying to buy alcohol at age 37!
2) taught English in Poland
3) helped shear an alpaca
4) killed and eaten a peahen (female peacock)
5) learnt to play a Bowed Psaltery
6) Held the bowl under the sheep being slaughtered and took it back to the kitchen to make my own back pudding
7) sawn a pigs head in half
8) Taken a goat for a walk on the lead to the beach
9) Laughed uncontrollably when OH and mate got drunk and decided to do tractor surfing, mate fell off and OH ran over his leg (boys will be boys)
10) Eaten surtromming (fermented herring)[/list]
Opinionated but harmless

circlecross

Re: 10 things I've done that you probably haven't

1. Stood inside the girdle of a Roly Poly
2. Accidently shut the door on Lesley Garrett
3. Trod barefoot on a plug and had to pull it out
4. Stood in Tom Baker's armpit on a tube train
5. Paddled the arse of a complete stranger in a club for people with certain "interests"
6. I too have made my own wedding dress, and waistcoats for the men in the party and cravats
7. Transported a hamster on a sleeper train
8. eaten raw bacon rind as a child, much to dh's suprise as he finds I am still alive
9. Written "I smell" on the back of someone with Rolf Harris painting pencils
10. Drank so much I passed out and woke up thankfully in a friend's house.
"yum, yum, piggy's bum!"

http://www.myspace.com/circlecross_73

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, as you're all having a go ...

1. Spent the last three months wondering where Flibble got her name and then remembered when she admitted owning the Red Dwarf DVDs.
2. Repaired an HH amplifier belonging to the Merseybeats (age, you see).
3. Spent the longest half-second of my life when I slipped on a cliff 150 feet above the shore rocks (my foot caught again five feet down, but I didn't move again for a LONG time).
4. Was taught to dive by Brian Phelps (not sure about that one nowadays).
5. Was marched at gunpoint off a train station in Barcelona (long time ago).
6. Did the sound for the European Premiere of Chicago.
7. Was graded second in the country when I qualified as a technical author (beaten by a WOMAN ...I ask you!!!!)
8. Almost rode a bike into a Dutch policeman before I discovered where Dutch bike brakes are.
9. Identified and translated a Norman-French tomb cover (I'm really proud of that one).
10. Oh - was the first person in Doncaster to put denim inserts in my cords to turn 'em into loons. Beat that one!
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

AXJ

Superb selection circlecross, don't supose you've bumped into Max Mosley on your travels? LoL

I confress to loving raw bacon when I was a kid, then came to Spain and found that they call it ham. I've been wormed since then :lol:

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Hmm

1 Went to the first ever stage production of Tommy (a friend was playing bass)
2 Was on the radio as a folk singer
3 Got 200 direct works building workers in west London to support the NHS strike (1982ish) by striking for a day (their convenor was really pissed off with me)
4 My first job as an agency nurse was to replace myself on the rota!
5 Was the youngest nurse to get a sisters post at that time (a long, long time ago) at Charing Cross Hosp
6 Have been to see Green Day eight times (2 days running at Milton Keynes)
7 Drove my first ever hire car, first time driving left-hand drive, first time driving in a foreign country (Tampere to Turku and back), on my first trip to Finland to see my brother - alone
8 Finished Sarakon (sorry - probably not my proudest moment)
9 Got married to my love 2 years ago (come July). Our (then) 20 year old daughter was one of the witnesses.
10 (With OH - if that still counts) Followed our dream (we didn't give ourselves time to panic or talk ourselves out of it) and now live in one of the most beautiful places in Britain - if not the world.

That was hard - mind went blank for a while there.
Maggie
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin