River Cottage Spring - Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall is back!

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.

Hugh F-W

Love Him
84%
Loathe Him
16%

Total votes: 31

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Birdie Wife wrote:I went right off him when he went all preachy and smug but I'm enjoying the Spring series. If you look back at his first series when he was just starting out, he's got an entirely different attitude and it's a bit sad to see how much he's changed really. Back to your roots, Hugh!

hmmm...wasn't one of hist first seris' the wild foods one where he went about in a camper van and got nakey under the solar shower?

Oh...bring on the early stuff Hughie Baby!!

circlecross
A selfsufficientish Regular

yes he was like a breath of fresh air when he did "A cook on the wild side", as he seemed to appear at the same time as Ray Mears in Tracks. I have been a bit irritated with him of late (which I am sure he is mortified to learn) same reasons as Mrs Flib, we do try to do the right thing, and we go without a lot of the time (much to husbands annoyance as he likes treats and snacks), and it can just never be enough. I know this isn't HFW's fault, it's the world and heritage and everything, but he should be more forgiving of the real people. He has a fairly well orf background doesn't he? And really a ready made career in media from what I can understand (may be wrong), so nobly went out to be a chef, but fell back on the media career and the ready income to fund his lifestyle which I knew he never really bet his entire years supply of ham on a bottle of zoider, but made for good telly etc etc.

I do like him, or rather the idea of him, but I don't think he knows me well enough to tell me how I should live my life.

Hmmm, that turned into a rant-ette. Sorry.
"yum, yum, piggy's bum!"

http://www.myspace.com/circlecross_73

The Prehistorian
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Program needs more coverage of Dolly.

Millymollymandy

I voted loathe - though that's a bit strong. I don't particularly like him and I find him rather irritating so I don't make a point of watching his programmes.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Re: River Cottage Spring - Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall is back!

Haven't voted yet because I neither love nor loathe him. A couple of years ago it would definitely have been a positive vote but now I'm not so sure.

I agree he's got a bit holier than thou and probably has little concept of how many people live, but I still like the fact that he's trying to improve things.

I think my problem is that I really needed him when I lived in Manchester (he was living my dream). Now I've moved to the country and can work towards my own dream his programme doesn't have the same attraction. Does that make me fickle?

Or maybe the two things have happened at the same time (so I'm only half as fickle!). Can't say I've enjoyed the new series though - just seems more of the same.
Maggie
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

AXJ

Re: River Cottage Spring - Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall is back!

Just listening to You and Yours there was an extensive intevoew with this man Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall. Beautiful Fraidian slip on his part:

"The Five Fried Chicken Freedoms... " most amusing, don't beleive it, check on listen again LoL

:flower: