*bangs head on desk*

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
mrsflibble
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

*bangs head on desk*

I HATE ANSWERING MACHINES!!!
I know they serve a purpose but my goodness gracious i really, really hate them.
I'm trying to phone a camp site which we last went to 4 years ago when jim and I were totally and completely skint and were looking for work anywhere we could... we therefore ended up in Nottingham of all places and camped for a week, then spent the other week falling on the mercy of various members of my family.

anyway, we really want to re visit the place with a better tant, better car and more spare cash lol (I've been saving for a holliday), especially as it has pool facilities as well as the normal camping stuff going on. BUT all I keep getting is the owner's answering machine :(

going to try again. wish me luck!!! trying to book a pitch in high season on a well-cared for site is never easy; thankfully this place is so out of the way nobody's ever heard of it lol!!!
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

baldowrie

try around 4pm, or if they have shop just before or after tea time.

mrsflibble

got through, no space :(

holme pierrepont it is then. oh well, it's cheaper at any rate so I'm happy. And it's closer to my aunt's house too.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very

hamster

What a shame. Hope you find somewhere else.

I hate answer-phones too. Whenever I ring up and get one, I always have to ring off, work out what I want to say and then ring back and give the prepared speech, otherwise I end up wittering like an idiot.
They're not weeds - that's a habitat for wildlife, don't you know?

http://sproutingbroccoli.wordpress.com

mrsflibble

hahaha!! me too!!!

we have got a place; well, it's not booked 'cos we don't need an electric hookup but there is a space at holme pierrepont for that weekend. just going to look for the one we went to last time... can't remember the name of it!!!

multiveg
Living the good life
Living the good life

Could be worse - could be those press 1 for this, press 2 for.... and then you get through to another press 1 for...., press 2 for.... then maybe again you get through to another press 1 ......

lsm1066
Living the good life
Living the good life

Oh yes. I had to phone Paypal last week because they screwed something up on my account. 17 minutes of "Press 1 for this and 2 for that" and eventually put me through to a human being who then took another 10 minutes to tell me they'd made a mistake!

Well dur!

Lynne

Millymollymandy

I'm amazed that people don't like answering machines in this day and age. Mine is on permanently because we are so often outside, but I don't even answer my phone any more until I hear it is someone I want to speak to talking - that's because we started getting inundated with sales and marketing calls to the point we stopped answering the phone. :roll:

yugogypsy

bangs head on desk

My pet peeve is people who don't leave messages, luckily I have number display so I can usually get back to people, but if it comes up "Private Number" I'm sunk :pale:

So message machines have pros and cons, and getting people to actually LEAVE a message is a chore too.

:cheers: Lois

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm one of those people (not on your machine, Yugogypsy). I hate the bloody things and refuse to talk to them. It's a request for an unannounced, unrehearsed performance, and I will not allow myself to be caught out uttering inane "errrms" and "uhhhs" for anyone.

Millymollymandy

I bet you all leave messages for people on their mobile phones though!!! :? :? :? :? :?