Broken ribs

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Broken ribs

What a strange weekend that ended up being. I spent 3 hours in casulty after slipping on a salad spoon and ending up slap bang on my coffee table. :tool: When I finally saw the doctor she informed that I don't need a chest full of X-ray just to see if I have a cracked rib, torn tissue or a crack in such a place that it won't even show up on x-ray. Fair enough.

Needless to say to end up going to casulty I am in a bit of pain. Did not post for any sympathy just some suggestions. Sleep has become a problem as the pain keeps me awake, is a bunch of ibroprofen and paracetamol really the only choice of tablets that I have? Also is there any foods that I can eat to speed up the healing process you know a load more calcium or something.

cheers and watch out for salad spoons, they can be deadly
:shock:
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

sunpuppy
Tom Good
Tom Good

Not the best weekend for you then, eh?! :cry:

I've found just the website for you: http://www.whatreallyworks.co.uk/start/ ... cle_ID=767

Aimed at "moms with kids", but it could be useful....

Question: What was the spoon doing on the floor??!! :shock:

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

sunpuppy wrote: Question: What was the spoon doing on the floor??!! :shock:
cheers sunpuppy, the flat is not always the most tidy around. :oops: goes to show that there is a reason we are told to keep our rooms tidy when we are growing up
and...... Twitter

shiney
A selfsufficientish Regular

Oh Andy, I am laffing quietly here. Salad spoons can be such a hazard can't they. :mrgreen:

Seriously tho', bruised and cracked bones are painful, have you tried Arnica cream on the area of bruising? It's pretty good. My kids are always bumping themselves and it sorts them out.

I tell them its 'Magic Cream'. I shall tell you that also!

I hope you feel more comfortable spoon ~ ooops I meant SOON.
If in doubt ~ use a hammer!

http://greeningup.blogspot.com/

Lyds
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Ribs

Sorry to hear about the ribs. Have you tried Arnica cream? It is excellent for bringing out the bruising, or Arnica tablets which do the same job only faster - useful after giving birth (not to you of course).
:roll:

Sounds like you could do with a bit of comfort food - try home made rice pudding - straight back to childhood. :?

leedarkwood
Tom Good
Tom Good

If you can stand the taste (honey helps) make some confrey tea and knock it back as much as you can. Will regenerate the bones etc.

Surely it wasn't the spoon that was the hazard but the coffee table, Shiney? :lol:

Lee

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

I suppose so Lee, its not the fall that is the problem, just the sudden stop at the bottom!

Sorry to hear about the ribs Andy! I caught my foot jumping over a fence years ago and fell heavily, I had pain on taking a deep breath for months afterward! :pale:

I can't offer much but good wishes for a speedy recovery, but Lyds is onot something I think. That and large amounts of codeine :mrgreen: .

Get better soon mate!

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Muddypause
Location: Urban Berkshire, UK (one day I'll find the escape route)

Oh dear, Andy! I guess this will get you out of heavy digging for a while.

I know people who swear that salads can't be good for you - maybe this is what they were thinking of.
Stew

Ignorance is essential

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Muddypause wrote:I know people who swear that salads can't be good for you - maybe this is what they were thinking of.
:lol: :lol:

cheers for all the advice, sympathy and rib tickling.

I asume you mean comfrey tea lee not confrey, I would have thought that eating comfrey would do the same.

Did a bit more research about the stuff and the liver damage scare is based on testing rodents. If the same amounts for our body weight was given to us then it would be like feeding us nothing but comfrey for two years.

I also had a look about for Arnica is it possible to make your own? Was not sure if the flowers are protected or not.
and...... Twitter