On line glasses

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
prison break fan
A selfsufficientish Regular

On line glasses

Has anyone bought these? I have just had an eye test and was horrified by the price of new specs. not sure I would be brave enough to try buying them on line but people must mustn't they? Would love to know if anyone has tried them. pbf.

contadina

Re: On line glasses

I bought both specs and prescription sunglasses online earlier this year and they are spot on, absolutely no complaints. Just make sure you fill in your correct prescription details including the distance between your pupils (PD). I think I paid close to €500 for my previous pair of specs and the ones I have now are a better brand and quality but cost less that £100 online.

prison break fan

contadina, thankyou so much, that's just what I wanted to know! cheers. pbf.

Crickleymal
Living the good life
Living the good life

contadina wrote:I bought both specs and prescription sunglasses online earlier this year and they are spot on, absolutely no complaints.
Who did you use?
Malc

High in the sky, what do you see ?
Come down to Earth, a cup of tea
Flying saucer, flying teacup
From outer space, Flying Teapot

contadina

I used perfectspecs but it's probably worth checking a few, so you can find the glasses you like. I first looked on moneysaving expert as they list a few online spec retailers. http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/cheap-glasses

Just to add to my endorsement for anyone nervous of buying specs online I actually got a call and an email from them to double check something (my Italian prescription recorded something slightly differently). Impressive attention to detail for an online outfit, who also agreed to only charge me the postage for one pair and get them to a friend's address in the UK to coincide with a brief trip to Blighty.

Graye

Great idea! Years ago I used to buy my specs from a lady wth a market stall. I gathered she was a thwarted optician and decided to work this way. She let me chose my frames, used the prescription I had already paid for, checked the PD and so on. They were a quarter of the price and I never had any complaints. That was before "online" was an option.

I now wear lenses and I buy those online.
Growing old is much better then the alternative!

growingthings
Living the good life
Living the good life

Wow! Both me and the OH seriously need a new pair of specs and we were both cursing the sheer amount of money we would have to part with in one go, but, are we brave enough to try it online, pbf I'll be watching this space with interest! :cooldude:

Lorna x