Just checking in....

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
JulieSherris
A selfsufficientish Regular

Just checking in....

Hi Guys!

Thought I'd check in with you all this morning, after a lengthy hermit period... We've had a busy ol' time this past couple of months - I won't bore you with all the details, but a short synopsis:

Spent a couple of weeks acting the dying swan with flu...
Spent some more time in deep deep retreat after our gorgeous boxer cross boy was killed by a local badger :(
Helped the daughter move house in June - only to find the new rented house was a crock of $h*t, so helped her move again in October!
Carried on with garden projects..... beds are needing to be put to bed, so more work required...
Have gone from 3 red hens in May to..... (wait for it!!).... 3 red hens, 3 maran hens, 1 RIR rooster, 2 green legged partridge hens, 1 broody maran with 5 chicks, 1 white dorking rooster, 2 guinea fowls, 2 keets, a further 3 chicks in the nursery, & 3 turkeys!!
Have also got a further 11 eggs in the incubator due to hatch in 5 days & 12 days...... fingers crossed that the majority make it.
And yet another black & white kitten has made it through the gate & into the house - this time though, we haven't found an owner, so she's here to stay - she doesn't so much want to be with us, but she thinks she's a basset! :roll:

So...... that's what has been happening my end.... what have I missed??? :mrgreen:
Julie xx
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

Millymollymandy

Re: Just checking in....

Harumph we've been wondering what happened to you - AND I noticed you lurking a few times without saying anything which has to be a first for you..... :iconbiggrin: Welcome back! :wave:

So sorry to hear about your poor dog. :hugish:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

JulieSherris wrote:So...... that's what has been happening my end.... what have I missed???
Well, you missed your share of the €56 million lottery we won when we formed a syndicate :drunken: :iconbiggrin:

Sorry to hear about your dog, that's a real downer, I had one killed by a car and was depressed and lonely for months, so I know how you feel.
Anyway, welcome back ... where you bin ? Oh, you told us that :iconbiggrin: :wave:
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

Loobyloo
Living the good life
Living the good life

Hi Julie!

I had been wondering where you had gone!

Sad news about your dog, :hugish: I can empathise with losing a pet.

But good to see you back, you've been missed.

Loo
xxx

JulieSherris

Hey Looby! How's it going in Somerset????

Tony - you KNOW that lottery nonsense isn't true... like MMM said, I have been lurking.... :cooldude: Anyway, I know where you are, so even if it was true, I'd turn up on the doorstep, cap in hand :mrgreen:
How's the weather down your end? Because it's a touch moist up over here!

As for the dog... well, after 5 weeks, I still don't know what to say about it...... except that this stray kitten that wandered in happened to do it on the very night that Jake died... how weird is that? (Bearing in mind we're right out in the middle of nowhere!) She was plump & friendly, clean, NOT a feral kitty, not in the slightest bit perturbed at being shoved about by 2 fat smelly bassets, it took her 20 minutes from gate to dog-rug & curling up with them... SO strange :dontknow:
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

I missed you too! :wave:

Sorry about your dog, honey. I hope your new kitty brings you some comfort. :hugish:

Glad you're back :cheers:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Milims

Hi there Julie - welcome home! So glad to see you :hugish: So sad about your dog, but how lovely that you've been adopted by a kitty! Please post a pic :iconbiggrin:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

shell
Living the good life
Living the good life

really sorry to here about the dog,as for all you new hens etc ifirst thought it was the words to a song ,then i remembered that ended with ...a partridge in a pear tree. :iconbiggrin:
you dont have one of those too :wink:
ps yesterday i got 2 strawberrys off those plants you sent, not fully ripe yet though, :flower:

StripyPixieSocks

Aww Julie, so sorry to hear about your doggie :( Was really worried about you though missus!

Glad you decided to let us know you're OK and still around, we've missed you :hugish:

MuddyWitch
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

Welcome back. Sorry to hear about Jake. :(

Not sure Shell should be encouraging you to aquire partridges or pear trees, but she spot on with it sounding like the song!

MW
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

JulieSherris wrote:How's the weather down your end? Because it's a touch moist up over here!
The weather down here is also a touch moist and a tad breezy, I'm still waiting for summer to start. Can't be much longer coming, can it ? :sunny:
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

Martina
Living the good life
Living the good life

:wave: Welcome back Julie. I can sympathize with loosing a pet. It's so hard. But congratulations on being adopted by a new kitty. :flower:

Martina
You can see my photos at------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40007483@N05/