recycled plastic bottles

Anything to do with environmental building projects.
happy place
Living the good life
Living the good life

recycled plastic bottles

i saw about the best idea ive seen in a long time today whilst looking at infant schools for my twins i found one which had a green house made from 1500 2litre plastic bottles the bases were cut of then a bamboo cane was threaded through the bottle enableing them to be attached to a frame thus creating a 6b4 green house i will try to find a link to some thing simular

i thought great i can easily make that except ................................................................................... at approx 1 bottle of pop a month it will take (bugger ran out of toes :mrgreen: ) a bloody long time to collect the bottles
try hard mean well and never give up

happy place
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: recycled plastic bottles

i have found a link for this now have a look http://www.reapscotland.org.uk/reports/ ... e%20v1.pdf its groovy :dave:
try hard mean well and never give up

wulf
A selfsufficientish Regular

Looks fantastic although, like you, it would take a long time to get anywhere near enough to make it practical. However, perhaps it could be done on a smaller scale, for example as part of a cold frame. If enough bottles were collected, those could be reused for a greenhouse further down the line.

Wulf
:read2: Read my blog and check out my music

TheGoodEarth
Living the good life
Living the good life

Here are some more ideas for using bottles from the Earthship people in Fife.

http://www.sci-scotland.org.uk/bottle.shtml
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

I love the greenhouse. I have the same problem though - I couldn't even get enough plastic bottles together to use as plant waterers! :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

balfour2011
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

The best way of getting these amazing-houses-made-from-recycled-plastic-bottles plastic bottles recycled is to use them in some construction work :wink: ...these days number of bottles are being used in building construction. Well guys I think this is the best way to get them recycled. recently I heard that there is a house made up of bottle... :salute: and guess what they used 8,000 PET bottles. :dontknow: wow man...grt effort.

clare.donovan
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Thanks for the link - their greenhouse looks amazing! Its a really good idea for somewhere like a school where they would have access to a larger number of bottles. I've sent the link to my Uncle, who is a deputy head in a high school as an idea for a possible school project.

Clare :flower:

grahamhobbs

Funny coincidence just before I read this someone spoke to me about putting plastic bottles around newly planted tomato plants, absorbing heat during the day they give it out at night - could make all the difference if you had a touch of frost.