Hopping mad!

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Milims
A selfsufficientish Regular

Hopping mad!

I thought that I had my organinc veg delivery problem sorted! I found a place on line that said it delivered in this area and it looked good, so I thought that I'd give it a try. I sent them my post code to check that they really did deliver and they e-mailed back to say that they delivered here on Wednesdays! Woopee! Chose my goods, paid for them and waited. I checked on the progress of my order to find out that this week they were delivering on Thursday between 8am and 8pm- OK I thought it has been a bank holiday after all. So Thursday came and went and no sign of the veg. I called the company - they only work Monday - Thursday so I'll hear nothing for 4 days! I'm now faced with a 16 mile round trip to buy the veg I really need, imported from goodness knows where to a supermarket! Gggrrrrr! :angryfire: :cussing: Don't think I'll be using them again - in fact I'm so mad I'm thinking of naming and shaming!
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

teetee
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Re: Hopping mad!

dont know where you are or if this is any help, but ive used these for a couple of years and have had no probs.

http://www.boxfreshorganics.co.uk/

only recently stoped due to money being tight.
hope my veg do ok this year as the supermarket stuff is so tasteless. we also seem to go shopping most days and are eating a lot of rubbish now :?

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

I use River Nene -they're nice, but i don't know how far reaching they are.

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bugger :( :hugish:

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Flo

I would be stamping mad never mind hopping mad - and when I stamp, the whole world knows. Stamp Madam.

Milims

I managed to contact them yesterday. It turns out that they'd had a virus in their computer system and it wiped out the orders of new customers. So they are sending my veg this week along with a free gift to say soory - so I'll giv e them another chance! :mrgreen:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Flo

Not acceptable. :angryfire:

If they take orders by computer and get virus problems they need a better firewall - I can recommend them one paid for that does anti virus, anti malware and anti a whole lot more that is paid for but cheap and with an English speaking help desk and a couple of freebies that are pretty good - but in a business I'd be going for the paid for one. At least that way they only lose the emailed order that comes bearing the virus.

You can't be doing with running dodgy computer systems in a business that deals with fresh food.

Milims

Well my bags arrived today - but I won't be ordering again. Unfortunately it seems that we simply can't afford to pay to have organic veg delivered. It was £20 for this fruit and veg that simply won't last a week. :cry:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
Edward Monkton

Graye

That must be really disappointing for you. How do other companies compare for value for money? I hope you got a decent "free gift" if nothing lese!
Growing old is much better then the alternative!

Milims

Unfortunatedly it's almost impossible to find companies that will deliver to this area - so there is little or no competition. I did try another company but they were hugely expensive - around £40 for a box of veg and some meat that only lasted us for 3 meals! :shock: We don't eat huge amounts either! I guess I'll just have to go back to organics from the supermarket - at least I can afford them! :cry:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
Edward Monkton

Millymollymandy

What a shame. :( :hugish: I wish I could send you some of my excess veg!
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Milims

Millymollymandy wrote:What a shame. :( :hugish: I wish I could send you some of my excess veg!
It would probably have less airmiles than most! :lol:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
Edward Monkton

Millymollymandy

Talking of which - I was horrified yesterday to discover most of the onions and garlic in the supermarket had come all the way from AUSTRALIA or NZ :shock: :shock: :shock: which is mega wierd cos they were next to French shallots :scratch: .

Anyway in that case why are all the onions and garlic we buy at this time of year all sprouting just like our home grown ones were - if they are grown on the other side of the world they should be fresh!

Honestly I always assumed they were locally grown old stored ones cos they were crap! :roll: But I could put up with it because they were local. :( :( :(
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Stonehead

And then there's the issue of just how "local" and "seasonal" some of these schemes are.

A work colleague of the OH gets one and in May, in NE Scotland, the box included apples, aubergines, runner beans, tomatoes, peppers, carrots and spinach as well as a lot of other "fresh" produce that would either come from store at this time of year, be trucked up from the south of England, or be imported. Even with vast heated polytunnels and industrial cold stores it would be extremely difficult for local producers to supply many of the contents of the box at this time of year.

She thought we were nit picking for pointing this out—and wouldn't buy produce from us because we could only supply her with fresh kale, savoy cabbage and purple sprouting broccoli, some early salad leaves (sorrel and some lettuces), fresh herbs, and stored tatties, carrots, parsnips, neeps, onions, and beets. She doesn't want any of that "boring, old-fashioned stuff" or veg that's been in store for months.

Sigh. So many people really don't have a clue.

Flo

It's often the customers who are the problem with food produce. They want all sorts of fancy things all the year round and can't accept that there is an off season for everything if you want to buy local or even British.

It shows how much the last two or three generations have become disconnected from the local food sources and the production of food.