Ben Fogles...New lives in The Wild UK

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
happyhippy
A selfsufficientish Regular

Ben Fogles...New lives in The Wild UK

Anyone been watching this?I've watched all his series and have been enjoying the latest,which is on atm.Ive particularly enjoyed last week,which focused on Emma Orbacks life in Pembrokeshire.What a lady she is!Wow,very inspiring!

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ben Fogles...New lives in The Wild UK

I have been watching, Emma Orbach is quite well known for her lifestyle, having started up the Brithdir Mawr commune some years ago. I think if you are going to go off grid, that is the way to do it, I can't quite get my head round the whole charging up batteries thing and dumping surplus electricity.

mamos
Living the good life
Living the good life

I have seen two of the UK ones so far and both were inspirational to be honest

Emma is a pioneer to be sure and I don't think many people in this country could live like that and be happy.

It is my plan to build a low impact roundhouse and live in a simple way but we will have a few more facilities than Emma but no much.

The fist one with Stig and Dinah Mason was fascinating. What a family. I would like to meet them some day

Paul
If you are interested in Self Reliance, Frugal Living, Gardening and becoming Debt Free, follow my Blog Tiny Allotment

baldybloke
Living the good life
Living the good life

Apparently Emma came from my home town of Devizes. As she is only a couple of years older than me I've been racking my brains as if I might have once met her.
Has anyone seen the plot, I seem to have lost mine?

happyhippy

Baldy Bloke,yes I also live in Devizes!lol Someone at work apparently knew Emma from school!