Empty Jars

Homebrew, cordials, cheese, dehydrating, smoking and soap making. An area for all problems to be asked, tips to be given and procedures shared.
amaycock071
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Empty Jars

Hey guys, First post on these forums so not quite sure if this is in the right place but I'll go for it.

I brew lots of mead in my spare time (currently 9 Gal) and as a result I seem to have collected a lot of empty jars and was wondering if anyone has any really cool uses for them (food and drink related being the most obvious!). I'd already though of pickles, jams, and chutneys but if anyone has some "special" idea I'm all ears.

Thanks!

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Empty Jars

Hi and welcome.

Not sure if I have any 'special ideas' but I get people to save passatta jars, small tomato puree jars and screw top bottles for me as I bottle my own passatta and puree and pasteurise fruit juices in the screw top bottles. There are some yoghurt glass jars I collect and put fresh lemon curd in them, put on a paper lid and sell them down the local shoppe

Skippy
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Empty Jars

Try googling glass bottle or jar green house, there's some interesting or quirky ideas, assuming you have a lot of jars or bottles. I think I posted an old video on this site of a guy building one from the 40's but I'm blowed if I can find it now.

Pete