Best Chainsaw

Solar energy, wind turbines whatever it is then here is your place to talk about it.
boboff
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Best Chainsaw

Ah no I hadn't had I ! Phew!
I want to make wood piles this year! It's such a commitment though!
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

Gardengatecottage
margo - newbie
margo - newbie
latitude: 54.1316667
longitude: -8.3944444

Davie Crockett wrote:Also, used a vegetable based chain lube oil. You'd be surprised how much oil spray you inhale/ingest.
I always use the veg oil ... it's gentler on us and the environment.
I was asked to log up in a local field where the owner was to let her thoroughbred horses onto the land afterwards. There's no way I'd want to be responsible for their eating contaminated grass - they were breeding mares and worth a fortune. This simple standard has found me more logging on other sensitive estates as the owners don't want the pollution.

Remember your PPE ... it may be cumbersome and annoying but as they say, you'll never grow another leg!
I trained with the BTCV ... a very worthwhile course, time well spent and lessons / high standards learned. If you get a chainsaw, get training, get PPE and keep your family happy knowing that you're doing your best safely.

Bulworthyproject
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Davie Crockett wrote:Also, used a vegetable based chain lube oil. You'd be surprised how much oil spray you inhale/ingest.
Could not agree more. When I did my chainsaw training, the instructor made the point quite well by saying "How would you feel if I came onto your land with a 5l container of mineral oil and started chucking it around the place."

The cheep stihls are great. The cheep husqvarnas are rubbish.

The high end Husqvarnas are fantastic.
https://www.bulworthyproject.org.uk

Bulworthy Project is an experiment in low-impact living and working

Follow us on Twitter @bulworthy