found my first wood blewit! i think?

Want your Mushroom ID? Ask here and also look at some of the old posts here to see what you might have. Make sure you use a field guide and triple check using google images.
alec-ish
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

found my first wood blewit! i think?

went for a walk round the woods today and found these....
it ticks all the boxes for wood blewit but am new to wild mushrooms, so cant be too careful
i am 99.9% sure it is wood blewit but if anyone thinks it could be somethink else give me a shout
it does have pink spores found by beech and oak trees
they were much less purple than i expected but still very lilac!
blewit (Large).jpg
blewit (Large).jpg (128.96 KiB) Viewed 2345 times
blewit2 (Large).jpg
blewit2 (Large).jpg (128.42 KiB) Viewed 2345 times

Carltonian Man
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: found my first wood blewit! i think?

Yep, they certainly look like blewies. Have a good close smell, should be pleasant, fragrant and slightly chalky. It's a smell you don't forget so next time you find some a quick check with your nose will confirm the find. (They can be confused with the belly acher cortinarius purpurascens).
They need to be cooked well, I find frying in a little butter works well with a sprinkle of sea salt. Then what will you eat them with?? If you don't have many they go well on toast (with maybe a little HP sauce) but they also go with smoked bacon and pasta.

Enjoy

Martin

alec-ish

thanks martin i think the smell matches what you said the spore print is white/pinkish so cant be cortinarius purpurascens
i think i will go for it on toast as i only have the two! (not very succesfull foraging trip!)

fungi2bwith

The look like wood blewits to me. Exactly the same as the ones I collected this lunchtime. I hope you enjoyed your ones.