Eco dating

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
evelyn
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Eco dating

Dating is tough for anyone but it seems to be almost imposible for ishers.

Even on so called green dating sites.

There seems to be a lack of people male and female who are actualy eco friendly.
I am quite used to being thought of as a bit odd among my peers, but on a green dating site you would think that keeping chooks and growing my own veg would be seen as a good thing, but no i am a bit odd there also :shock:

So what is the solution??

I am sure i am not the only one who is having this problem.
So my question is, do any of you know a good green site?

Eve

kiwirach
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Eco dating

hi Eve, i shall watch this thread with interest. i didnt know there were any green dating sites....i use bog standard ones and there seem to be very few men interested in any forms of ish!

fingers crossed someone knows of a good one!.

my only other thought about meeting a man into this lifestyle is doing a few courses....learning about pigs, or mend a fence...that type of thing, but since i'm rather shy, that may not work for me either!.

:scratch: ......maybe we should start one!!

evelyn
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I have to admit that green dating was a suprise to me too, i would never have thought of looking for it but a friend found it for me, not much good though.

I do like the idea of going on a corse but they are sooooooo expencive i dont think i could aford it, beside, if i get stuck with anything there is always someone one here that has the answer or atleast a very good idea. :flower:

Eve

sleepyowl
A selfsufficientish Regular

Do any of your local parks/nature reserves do walks i.e mushroom walks etc? They maybe a cheaper option. But love can happen at the wierdest of times be patient.
Organiser of the Rainbow Moot for LGBT Pagans in the West Midlands
http://robstacey.blogspot.co.uk/

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Hi
What about volunteering with a local wildlife trust, or helping out at a city farm or something like that? A lot of libraries have talks, maybe you could keep an eye on your local paper. I have tried computer dating before and although I did meet someone it didn't work out. But you never know.

Good luck
Zoe

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

What about MERCi - they usually want volunteers, loads of different things going on. Don't know if it's anywhere near you. It's a while since I went there but if memory serves it was behind the uni over Hulme way.

They've got a website. http://www.bridge-5.org/
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Clara

I can imagine that it might be difficult - for most city dwellers being "green" means buying green (eg organic food, green energy tariffs) rather than doing green!

I was just reading aboutAbundance Manchester, they meet occasionally and at lest if you don't meet the man of your dreams over the compost heap at least you might get something else out of it. Sounds like a really positive project.
baby-loving, earth-digging, bread-baking, jam-making, off-grid, off-road 21st century domestic goddess....

...and eco campsite owner

kiwirach
Living the good life
Living the good life

great link Clara....i've saved it to read later...off to the allotment now to enjoy the sushine!.

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

It has always hit me that if you want to find an interesting man you need to be the places he will be.... for example, if I fancied myself a bloke who was generous to charity, I would volunteer to the appropriate charity. If I was looking for someone interested in permaculture, I would register on a permaculture course...... no offence intended but I don't think I'd want to go out with someone who registers with online dating services.

I realise that this is very easy for me to say, being that I haven't been out there for 8 years... then again I do have a painfully single friend and I don't have the guts to say this to her face.... maybe this is just my outlet....
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Mylovelyhorse
Tom Good
Tom Good

Well, I'm a fan of a certain online dating site (www.veggiematchmakers.com) - that's where I met Mrlovelyhorse, just over four years ago. For both of us, not eating meat is/was such a fundamental part of our lives that we couldn't envisage a serious relationship with anyone who didn't share that. He's *very* ish, and I count myself extremely fortunate to have found someone so lovely in all ways.

Signed, smug gits 'R' us...
x :flower:

evelyn
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I am a member of Abundance Manchester ( well when i have the time, it is more in spirit at the moment) and men are almost none existant. Other sugested ways of meeting people have all been done and the result is that cuples and blokes who have the personality of a gold fish attend.

I would have to agree that there is a masive diferance between being green and doing green, the hard bit is getting others to understand that, i dont want to "make" someone ish i would much prefer that they are atleast a little ish to start with, ish is a life style and it is how i live my life so for me it is a none starter to meet someone who is a "consumer" Oh the horror!! :pale:

Eve

Clara

Oh I really feel for you - how about the guardian dating thing, I know it's not especially green but if you put in a quirky ad that states the need for dirt under the fingernails it's got to turn someone up in the manchester area surely?
baby-loving, earth-digging, bread-baking, jam-making, off-grid, off-road 21st century domestic goddess....

...and eco campsite owner

Milims

Why do you need a specifically eco site? There must be lots of like minded people out there on regular sites that could be picked out by their profile. I met my OH on a general friendship site and we are pretty eco! :mrgreen:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

MuddyWitch
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

As a former employee of Greenpeace UK & member of Friends of the Earth, I'd recommend getting involved with either (or both) local groups...T'is how I met my hubby :lol:

MW
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!

Marc
Living the good life
Living the good life

IMO the 'green' arena is (or can be) so diverse that it's almost more difficult to meet a suitable partner on a green site than it is on a standard dating site. I find, or think, that people with green inclinations also tend to have very strong views about their particular brand of 'greeness' and sometimes actually argue even more with other greenies than with people from the 'outside world' - seems surprising but it's what I've found. I consider myself as green as almost anybody but find it reeeally hard to find a female that I see eye-to-eye with.
Marc
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein