A Fiery Feast to Kick off festival

Do you know about an event that you want to talk about? Is there a campaign you have started, are involved in or want to start? Inspired by Marvin Gaye this is your place to tell the world what's going on.
The Chili Monster
A selfsufficientish Regular

A Fiery Feast to Kick off festival

This year's Brighton & Hove Food and Drink Festival launches with a fiery feast at Merchants Quay , Brighton Marina on September 1st from 5pm.

Once again, this is a free event. Lots of stalls crammed with chilli-loaded stuff :tongue3:

* oops, I'm drooling already.

including

Death Chilli Beer (as brewed by local Microbrewery, Fallen Angel.)
Death Chilli
Coy Ice Cream's Chilli and Chocolate Ice Cream

You'll recognise me: I'll be the small, rotund object everyone will stepping round, as I lay on the floor nursing my Death Chilli and the dregs of a barrel of Death Chilli Beer.
"Rich, fatty foods are like destiny: they too, shape our ends." ~Author Unknown

Support Team "Trim Taut & Terrific"

Martin

must say, it's not that far from me, but these days I'll only venture into Brighton if I absolutely have to! The council loathes the motor car (fair enough), but to get into the town, you have to do the "licence run" of repeatedly changing (often unmarked) speed limits and speed traps. Having got there, you then have to circulate round and round looking for a car park that's got spaces - well, I'm very sorry, I'm not contributing £10 towards the boss of NCPs even more vulgar yacht! :?
You then have to get out of the multistorey - that lovely smell of pee everywhere - what fun! - then you have to walk miles to whatever you're going to! :?
Somehow, nothing in Brighton seems worth the hassle of getting into it anymore! :wink:
http://solarwind.org.uk - a small company in Sussex sourcing, supplying, and fitting alternative energy products.
Amateurs encouraged - very keen prices and friendly helpful service!

The Chili Monster

I couldn't agree more, Martin.
Luckily, though, I don't drive and so at least I get to avoid the car parks. :cooldude:
"Rich, fatty foods are like destiny: they too, shape our ends." ~Author Unknown

Support Team "Trim Taut & Terrific"

Martin

what is so daft is that to try to use public transport to do the trip is ludicrously slow and expensive - probably my easiest way would be to drive to one of the stations on the Eastbourne line, park the wheels (for a fee), get the train in, and then have miles to walk, or the hassle of trying to decipher buses - it would take hours! It is much cheaper, and around five times quicker to drive! :?
And they wonder why local transport isn't supported!.............. :roll:
http://solarwind.org.uk - a small company in Sussex sourcing, supplying, and fitting alternative energy products.
Amateurs encouraged - very keen prices and friendly helpful service!

Shirley

shame... I know what you mean about Brighton being difficult to get to without a car. Oooh and I remember only too well the stench of the stairwells in the multistory...

You are now reminding me of my time in brighton - but the worst bits of it... I do miss the sea though.. the crashing waves on the shingle...

Ahhh I MISS the sea...

I would love to go the chili fest CM... please, could you take some pics (before you lay on the floor with your beer) - and a review would be really cool.. (to counter the heat of the chilis)
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/