B-----ds

Politics, news, current affairs and anything else that you think should be here goes here.
clanpowell
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Re: B-----ds

boboff wrote: As for David Cameron not being of the people until he shops in Easton in Bristol? Well he's not a real man till he's drank in The Harriers in Hartcliffe either then........
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now that's a scene I think I would pay money to see!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

oldjerry
A selfsufficientish Regular

Yep,Well done Everyone!..............Today is a good day.

boboff

boboff wrote: I firmly believe that we have enough sence running this country NOT to ever let this to happen, but that really is just my usual optimism over experience.
No, it wasn't !

Good news :cheers:
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

demi
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

fantastic!

if the gamekeepers dont want young phesants being eaten from preditors they should just protect them better with fencing ect. and its their problem, public money shouldnt be spent oln that kind of thing!
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nice though the result was, it's still well worth examining the response of the Countryside Alliance (I hope I spelled that correctly). Here it is again, with my comments ...

But the Countryside Alliance - which campaigns on behalf of field sports [not the countryside - field sports] - said it was "bitterly disappointed" by the decision since it believed the proposed research [proposed destruction, more accurately] had been "sensible and proportionate".

"Wild animal management is an essential part of the countryside that is largely misunderstood by those in towns, cities and, apparently, Whitehall," the organisation's campaign director, Tim Bonner, said. [As opposed to the Alliance largely misunderstanding everyone's opinion (and an awful lot of real research), including a lot of those who live in the country.]

"This study [What study? I think he means the collected opinions of some gamekeepers. That's not a study] was explicitly non-lethal and right for the countryside [i.e. Alliance] as a whole. That the government has chosen to ignore rural people [i.e. the Alliance] in favour of a large and vocal special interest group [i.e. just about every other interested party] shows ministers are now willing to give in to whoever shouts the loudest. [Oh bugger! We lost another one!]"

The Countryside Alliance, an organisation which is anything but an alliance and certainly does not represent the majority opinion (or even interest) of rural dwellers, will continue to scream and stamp its feet because its toys have been taken away, and will continue to claim, despite evidence to the contrary, that only the Alliance point of view truly represents the necessities of rural life.

They'll be back. Meanwhile, here's an interesting site ... http://www.realca.co.uk/

Mike

oldjerry

Great post Mike.

Funny really,this organization for 'rural people' used to be based in Kennington SE1,but maybe they've moved now.

What I can't forgive is the way they created this completely bogus urban\rural divide,merely to pursue their own interests.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Although I often find myself in disagreement with him, I liked this article by George Monbiot.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... ristocracy
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nice article - amazing what turns up wih just a little digging.

All in all, the entire episode is looking like a wonderful example of shooting oneself in the foot.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

I can think of better places, Mike, but the foot will do. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

oldjerry

Having just recently been in the close vicinity of a dozen or so of these marksmen( a friend rents a yard and barns on a large estate) I can assure you that their feet are pretty safe(so long as they're aiming at them).This particular group couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

oldfella
latitude: 44.564
longitude: 0.959

[quote=" old jerry+ ) .This particular group couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.[/quote]

Nice one, OJ. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I can't do great things, so I do little things with love.