Any one know about a Stanley Errigal woodburning cooker?

Solar energy, wind turbines whatever it is then here is your place to talk about it.
Moggies12
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Any one know about a Stanley Errigal woodburning cooker?

We plan to install a woodburning cooker (no back boiler). The Stanley Errigal is looking favourite at the moment.
Anyone out there used one? Love to hear your comments - good or bad!
Moggies12 :cat:

Big Al
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Any one know about a Stanley Errigal woodburning cooker?

Moggies12 wrote:We plan to install a woodburning cooker (no back boiler). The Stanley Errigal is looking favourite at the moment.
I'd be interested in this also. I've gone from the otiginal idea of an aga......( HOW MUCH??) and they don't do wood through to a borsky and now to warmsler cooker as these are under £1500

http://www.stovesonline.co.uk/wood_burn ... toves.html

with a boiler they are a bit more but worth it in the end.

HTH

alan

P.S. why did you want to look at the Stanley Errigal??
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

Moggies12
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Big Al wrote:
Moggies12 wrote:We plan to install a woodburning cooker (no back boiler). The Stanley Errigal is looking favourite at the moment.
I'd be interested in this also. I've gone from the otiginal idea of an aga......( HOW MUCH??) and they don't do wood through to a borsky and now to warmsler cooker as these are under £1500

HTH

alan

Hi Alan

Here's why it seems to be the right thing for us...

Really we are looking for a cooker rather than a water heater/back boiler type thing. (Although they do a version that does that if you want)
Some of the others we looked at are designed to be on all the time, which we don't need.
We like its traditional looks (suits our house) and it's not that expensive. It's also (relatively) light weight!

Big Al

Moggies12 wrote:
Big Al wrote:

HTH

alan

Hi Alan

Here's why it seems to be the right thing for us...

Really we are looking for a cooker rather than a water heater/back boiler type thing. (Although they do a version that does that if you want)
Some of the others we looked at are designed to be on all the time, which we don't need.
We like its traditional looks (suits our house) and it's not that expensive. It's also (relatively) light weight!

I want all three, cooking, water and heating but looking at my shortlist last night after looking for the SE I noticed that 4 out of the 5 chosen by me were not suitable for a smokeless zone which we have been since the 70's.... bummer. The fifth... couldn't find any info on that one so it may look like back to the room heater type log burner for me.
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

patR
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

At least if you have to, get a wider topped one with a back entrance chimney then you can put pans on the top and the kettle of course, we did it all the time before investing in a woodburning range.
http://www.crazyfeetfootwear.com
for something just a little bit different

janmanessij
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

We bought a Stanley cooker (with back boiler) about 20 years ago and I reluctantly retired it recently as the damper had to be supported by a brick and I was also redoing the whole house!

I don't know about the model you are talkling about but I can testify to the durability of the Stanley range.

However, I have now bought a Nordica Rosa (no back boiler) which I love. It is so easy to light,looks good, is so convenient to use, and has the great advantage of a glass door to the fire which makes the whole room seem warmer! I cook on it constantly, and it is constantly admired- think I have been a good advertisement for Nordica as a number of friends are thinking of buying one too.

Moggies12
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Thanks for the comment! We bought the Stanley Errigal cooker about a year ago and love it! :iconbiggrin:

paul123456
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Hello there ,

We had an old Stanley 80 back in Ireland , this is probably the modle from which the Errigal came from .
A couple of people we knew had one , they we very sattisfied with the Errigal.
In our cottage we burned turf the whole year round , for domestic water , heating and cooking, the Stanley was the center of the house .
Now here in Germany were we currently live ,Stanleys ( now owned by AGA ) are scarce, however we bought
a Stanley Erin in Ireland and shipped it to Germany , the crowd in Ireland is called Gings.ie.
If you are in the € zone they do a good deal , for sterling i dont know.

We also were thinking of an Errigal , but because it was for in the living room we went for the Erin, with
back boiler and it's great .I think that an important thing about stoves is the weight , the heavier the longer it keeps warm.

For the kitchen we bought a Esse ironheart , also with boiler , also great appliance .
If you look at the Errigal with all the works I think it is more than 1500 € , but it is a great stove .

Google around there are a few suppliers ,

regards ,

Paul