RE-USE OF WASTE,I CAN? CAN YOU?

Want to talk about how to keep stuff out of landfill? Here is your place to do it.
john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: Hi ALL, what a great day we had yesterday the 9th, when I exhibited my two projects off to lots of people who had come to our Mottingham Fete SE9. It was worm with a cool breeze but no rain even though we had a few rain clouds pass over what was going on. I managed to get into my 4 door car with a lift up window and boot one brokendown pallet section into the back of my car, along with 70 crops in their containers on their carrying beams, plus extra bags of containers too, and 10-8ft bean cane plus a 8ft-4ft folded up full size drawing of my own allotment plot I did to show others what my plot looked like from above. I've been taking lots of photos of what I've been doing lately which I will be adding to my website soon, which will be mostly of my Community project this time which you may also like to try. I will be starting another project at our local chuch soon, which will also be about growing things in containers vertically with the help of Age Concern, hopefully going all the way along a 25ft length of metal fencing they have alongside a walkway at the side of the church, which the old folk can use to grow things. We are also having a open day at the Mottingham Community Learning Centre-Shop on Friday the 15th from 12am until 7pm, which will also help to promote the way we grow things, and it will also help to promote what the Learning Shop as to offer to the local community too. I will give you another update soon, in the mean time.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John. J.R.P.
Message from J.R.P. Recycling, please visit my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com as it was
designed by me to help to save millions of lives
and to reuse-recycle millions of tonnes of waste
plastic container,and unwanted wooden pallets
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: HI ALL, on Friday the 15-6-2007 was our open day, which was at our Mottingham Community Learning Centre-Shop, Cranley Parade, Beaconsfield Road, London SE9, for people to come and see what's on offer. I had lots of interest shown in our Reuse of waste plastic containers idea to grow things in, which we have going all the way around the edge of our back yard area. With this in mind I'm now in the process of putting lots of new photos onto my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com to cover my 2nd new project, which we have up and running now, with another one starting just around the corner at our local Church St. Andrews sometime next week, which I will also be adding some photos of once we have start it The Sad News is after us having a good day with lots of people calling in to see us, we were then told that the Bromley Council said that they will be shutting the Community Learning Centre-Shop down because of the lack of funds at the end of the month, so we have now started a petition up, which we are asking people to sign to help stop this from happening in the future. :( In the mean time may you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John. J.R.P.
Message from J.R.P. Recycling, please visit my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com as it was
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: Hi ALL, My NEW website 2nd Community project photos are now all on it for you to look at, after Veg to eat 1-2, I hope you find them of interest.
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: :oops: Hi ALL, today the 1-7-2007 I give you notice that I have removed the topic on my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com about CUTTING CRIME, as its got nothing to do with trying to help the poor people in our world, and Re-using and Recycling some of our waste, and Gardening, which I designed my website for. With this in mind could you please spread the word, as I need all the help I can get to help others. THANK YOU VERY MUCH IF YOU CAN DO THIS FOR ME.
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: :oops: Hi ALL,this message is for all those people who know people who have allotment plots or do farming where it has flooded, or for any body else who cares about others, whilst I'm sure most of the people do already know what ever they have growing now they must not eat it, why because of it being contaminated, and the contamination is now covering a wide area of land, to the point that all the crop growing farmers who have been effected, are now saying the land is going to be no good to use anymore, for many years in the future.
With this in mind I know how I can help them, done by you simply helping me to spread the word, that they can still grow things in containers, which they lay out on top of the contaminated land, using my very simple to make transportable growing system to grow something in, designed to helps them in a flood situation like I've been offering to the rest of the world for many years now. In the West of the country people have been flooded, it would make me feel good, and I'm sure it would make you feel good too, to know that someone is going use my idea after you trying to help me to spread the word.
This way they can still carry on growing things to eat or to make a living, instead of just giving up because they can no longer use the land that's been contaminated by what ever for many years to come. There must be thousands of containers of all shapes and sizes the people have had to use to hold water, simply fill them now with cheap compost and grow something to eat, instead of sending them mostly to the landfill sites, along with all the rest of the rubbish the floods have created I say.
I know that there are already lots of people out there who know my system works, I do believe now is the time for all of them to tell others, so we can help those who do need all the help they can get right now in the UK where it has been flooded..
For those who do not know what I'm talking about please visit my website www.recycling.moonfruit.com.
May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy, and thank you for taking the time to read my important message. John. J.R.P.
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: Re: Container grown potatoes
« Reply #11 on: Today at 22:24:34 »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUGS 9 TIMES LIMIT,as reported in a leading news paper dated the 26-7-2007.
BRITAIN'S flood water contains dangerous bacteria at a level NINE TIMES the limit for a safe beach, TESTS REVEALED. A test sample taken in WALHAM, near CLOUCESTER, at the height of the floods was ANALYSED BY SCIENTISTS.
They FOUND 4,700 COLIFORM CFUs (colony forming units) per 100ml.
The EU LIMIT for a safe BLUE FLAG beach is 500 COLIFORM CFUs per 100ml of WATER.
LEVELS OF potentially DEADLY E.COLI were also WORRYINGLY HIGH. And water trapped inside flooded homes is likely to be even more dangerous as toilets overflow and raw sewage surges back out from pipes.
E.COLI LEVELS in water like this are probably IN THE MILLIONS of CFUs, HEALTH EXPERTS WARNED.
SCIENTISTS ALSO WARNED THAT THE RISK OF INFECTION WILL INCREASE AS THE FLOOD WATER RECEDES AND THE CONTAMINATION BECOMES MORE CONCENTRATED. Of course if you have not been flooded this wont apply to you. John. J.R.P.
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: Hi All, for those who are interested in the way I do things, and for those who would like to see something different, please visit my website as I've just put some new photos on to it of my third reuse of waste project, which is now up and running at our local Community Church called St Edwards, in Mottingham, London, SE9. which is helping me to spread the word in the local Community. May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John. J.R.P. :mrgreen:
Last edited by john on Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
too.

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

John, did you go to the Chelsea Flower show?

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

the.fee.fairy wrote:John, did you go to the Chelsea Flower show?

:mrgreen: Hi The.fee.fairy, thank you for showing your interest in the way I do things. My Chelsea Flower Show invite is still in it's envelope, because I'm still waiting for some sort of reply from Mr Bob Sweet, after I sent him a e-mail in July saying would my way of growing things be to cheap and simple for them to show to others, because it will cost nothing to make, not like everyone else. I'm OK I've still got to October to apply to show maybe next year 2008 or not.
too.

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

I's apply anyway if it were me.
Do they have a vegetable bit?
If not, go and show some flowers growin in your style.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

the.fee.fairy wrote:I's apply anyway if it were me.
Do they have a vegetable bit?
If not, go and show some flowers growin in your style.
:mrgreen: Thank you for your support, flowers would be so easy to show, but I'm trying to help feed people all over the world. I will have to wait and see who will champion my way of doing things, to then maybe get it shown at the Chelsea Flower Show and others as I'm a no body.
John. J.R.P.
too.

Biscombe
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I think you did the right thing removing your CUTTING CRIME article, removing fingers is NOT the way to go

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: :( Hi ALL, I'm sorry to say I have no photos coming up on my website at the moment for some reason, which I hope my site maker team will sort out for me as soon as possible. John. J.R.P.
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: :lol: Hi ALL, for those who are interested, my photos are back on my website, plus I've just sent a e-mail to the Channel 4 TV DUMPED programme expert Rob Holdway, to see if he can help to spread the word about the way I do things, to help reduce some of our waste going into landfill sites in the UK, and in the rest of the world if I can, whether he will reply or not I will have to wait and see. Apart from that all my projects are now going well, but still no reply from Bob Sweet Chelsea Flower Show, so I wont bother.again until next year, to exhibit 2009. John. J.R.P. :(
too.

john
Living the good life
Living the good life

:mrgreen: Hi ALL, I thought I would like to share with you what a great night out we all had, when we went to see over a 100 young children, and some adualts perform on the LONDON PALLADIUM stage last week end, aged from the youngest boy being 6 years old, with others up to about 16, who were all there to live their dream of becoming famous. I think every one knew from the very first performance we were going to see lots of children having a good time who also had I think the X factor.
The show was none stop entertainment put on by the pupils of the Belcanto Theatre Arts school based at Eltham SE9 from the begining to the end, packed with so many different dances routines, and individual performances, and sound and lighting effects which added to what was a great night out in London for my wife and I and others too.
The owner of the school must have booked the London Palladium at a lose so that all of the children who went to her school would have the chance to show off what they can do, to their parent, and others who went to see them on the 30-9-2007 that night, like we did, which was to celebrate their 10th Anniversary.
There was one bit done by one young boy about 9 years old who played a deaf old man in a wheelchair with a flat cap and glasses, who had 2 young girls acting with him about the same age who were also playing the part of old wimin, all three were sent to clean their school by mistake from the Job Centre contractors, every time they spoke to him he would moan or shout something, like there's no need to shout, I'm not deaf, or I can change my mind if I want to, which had us all bursting out laughing because of the way he said it, and what the girls said, and what another boy said too who came on for a while.
We did have a bit of trouble finding a parking space near the theatre at first, but our luck was in and we got there on time. It was worth going just to see their happy faces at the end of the show when they must have said to them selves, after all the hard work of learning everything it was over, and they had done what they had lernt very well on the London Palladium stage.
Which along with others we all very much enjoyed watching them do for us. I hope they all live long and happy. God Blessum. If you happen to live near Eltham SE9 and you want to know more they had their website printed on the back of our programme it's, www.theatretraining.com maybe you have a child who would one day like to live their dream of performing on a Top London Theatre stage Like the London Palladium. HAVE YOU FOUND THE RIGHT SCHOOL YET? these children seem to have.

Some more good news if your interested in the way I try to spread the word, I've just put some more new photos on my website taken of my Church Project stage 2 for you to look at, plus I've also added 3 photos of my TREE TOP FARMING IDEA for you to look at under cereal grops, to show to you what my own trees look like now with the middle tree trunks removed, to allow me to build if I want to a platform area to use my transportable system of growing things on, like you would build a tree house for example. but that's as far as I will go, because my wife said I'm to old to be climbing up trees just to prove a point, so you will have to use your imagination or have a go your self, if you happen to be living surrounded by trees with no ground space to grow anything in. May you and yours and what you grow live long and happy. John. J.R.P.
too.