HANGING CLOTHES TO DRY / news article.

Politics, news, current affairs and anything else that you think should be here goes here.
liskeardjane
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Re: HANGING CLOTHES TO DRY / news article.

I've noticed every one has their washing hanging out in the winter sunshine today, I part dry mine out side then put it next to the radiator in the evening but I don't have a machine to dry it and I mostly wash the clothes by hand anyway. Saves energy and costs and is of course greener

Milims
A selfsufficientish Regular

We had sunshine here today too. So I put some washing out - it didn't dry at all but it was nice to see it flapping on the line for the first time in ages.
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

liskeardjane
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Don't mean to boast Milims, but it was about 10 degrees here today and every I washed byhand almost dried, just finishing off towels and tee shirts on the rads before they go off at 8. But Cornwall is the tropics compared to some places.

Flo

Sigh - the things that happen in Cornwall that we don't get here (well you know that it's grim up north don't you? :mrgreen: :lol: )

indy
Living the good life
Living the good life

I put a line of washing out and was very pleased with myself yesterday only to forget all about it, now its soaked again :angryfire: mind you a good rain on your washing I find to be the best way to get rid of doghairs, at least temporarily...I seem to spend the fair majority of my time looking like a walking doghair :roll: :lol:
Sing like nobody's listening, live like there's no tomorrow, dance like nobody's watching and love like you've never been hurt.

brett53
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

what is it with people these days ?? - dont like this - dont like that :banghead:

so do we add washing to:

crowing cockerels
church bells
cows with flatulence
cows walking down roads doing what cows do
horses ditto ( though good for roses )
wrong colour houses
hanging baskets ( mainly health and stupidity related )
seagulls
local pigeons
dogs on beaches
and a whole host of other things the IDLISYSNDI ( i don't like it so you should not do it ) brigade moan about ??

just let them try telling me i cant hang out my washing ( i is all green and don't have a tumble dryer - well actually the last one broke and i could not be bothered to get a new one + they cost too much to run ) :wink: and they may just learn some NEW Anglo Saxon expletives !!

interfering, politically correct , health and stupidity , materialistic ........................ ( wanders off shaking head also and mumbling about all the pussies in society these days , not like when i where young , we ad it hard then etc etc etc )
the validity of ones ideas are best measured by the resistance they attract

and if enough people tell you are WRONG - do it ANYWAY !!

sortanormalish
Barbara Good
Barbara Good
latitude: 85.0
longitude: 35.0

Are they afraid to see someone's undies? Maybe they were so many nicked they needed a squad of panty police and the mandate was cheaper. :lol: No really, any law can be changed. If it matters to you, take action.
"You are a strange little mouse."
"Thank you." -Tale of Despereaux

liskeardjane
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

If they moan about pants on the line what about my washing line I had when my kids were babies? 12 nappies a day, 8 reusable breast pads, 8 washable 'maternity' pads and the t shirts that needed washing three times a day from leaking milk!!!! and as there's one born every minute!!!!! that's a lot of washing............get it on the line!!!! there's even got a 'i love hanging washing' facebook page that i've joined - oooh this has got my dander up

pelmetman

What a load of old twaddle. I have been hanging out our washing for nearly 40 years. I have not got a tumble drier and have never found it a problem getting washing dried.

I just love my washing line. :flower:
Kind Regards
Pelmetman Dave
Pelmetlady Sue
Pelmetdog Troy

crowsashes

i love my washing line.... but im being pestered constantly now to get a tumble dryer. simply because weve had so much rain and i have limited indoor hanging space ( 3 racks, 2 radiator racks, 4 sock hangy thingys!! would you believe :shock: . ) so there is always at least 2 wash loads waiting to be done.

some people cant stand it, but ive learnt to live with , especially my house looking like a laundry most days of the week and if im honest to laundry sacks of dirty clothes, sheets etc really isnt that bad is it?

i have cheap electricity bills and a massive line outside so im going to make us of them ( if its not raining!)

prison break fan

I have a lovely long washing line, the sun is shining and the wind is blowing, if only I could summon up the energy to put the washing machine on! pbf.

Green Rosie
Living the good life
Living the good life

The weather is perfect for outdoor clothes drying for the first time in ages - but can I find the clothes pegs :roll:

So the clothes on on the overhead airer again and I've added - Find clothes Pegs to my to do list.

Silver Ether

mmmm lovely that lineful is all dry, smelling sweet, soft and doesn't need ironing at all ... folded and put away ... bliss. :cheers:
http://silverether.wordpress.com/

http://www.folksy.com/shops/Silverether

You can be as self-asservative as you like, I said, just so long as you do what you're told.' Esme Weatherwax.

theabsinthefairy

I have a hanging rack thingy for over the Rayburn in the winter but as soon as there is a breath of dry wind and a hint of blue sky out goes the washing.

There is something so clean and fresh about the smell of line dried washing that no amount of chemicals can capture or recreate.

And (touch wood) even with the swallows winging their way around the whirly-gig on their way into the barn to nest, so far not birdie poops to clean up. :sunny:

I have a friend who lives on the Western Isles and had trouble with their neighbours shortly after moving there because their washing was hung out to dry on a Sunday - apparently that is just not done in Presbyterian land. It took nearly a year before they spoke again.
2010 is my year of projects - 365 days and 365 projects.

You can follow my progress on
absinthe fairy blog

my photos are avavilable here
absinthefairy

my shop is available here
mojaziemia

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

That's the really sad part of it isn't it? They're so far detached from reality, they'd rather by spray-on "outdoor freshness" than hang their washing out. :(
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin