Chillis

Anything to do with growing herbs and vegetables goes here.
Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Chillis

You weren't Biscombe, but I couldn't understand Big Al's post. He does have a bit of a warped sense of humour though! :iconbiggrin:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Big Al

Millymollymandy wrote:You weren't Biscombe, but I couldn't understand Big Al's post. He does have a bit of a warped sense of humour though! :iconbiggrin:
Sorry, I thought it was a reprimand as I'd hijacked the thread. As for understanding me or my posts... You think I do ?? My wife has been trying to understand me for 22 odd years now and I still defy her....

Again appologies for reading it wrong...

M Big Al
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

Millymollymandy

I had to look at the whole thread and was surprised to find it wasn't Biscombe's thread which I thought it was! :iconbiggrin: I don't notice off topic as I only read the new posts on a thread. Talking about chillies on a chilli thread can't be off topic now can it? :iconbiggrin:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

tiggy
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Chillies,we can buy some nice ones at the Yum Yum oriental food shop in the middle of Worcester.This is a wonderfull shop full of goodies.
Yes I have saved seeds from some of them but wont know till next year if they grow or not.Will report back.
Nickys nursery sells chilli seeds including the incendiary varieties.

chilitony
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I grew over 100 chilli plants this year for the 3rd molosey chilli festival held @ the bell public house in east molesey, surrey. (which is just across the thames from hampton court palace).
So apart from drying then and freezing them i pickle quite alot in vinegar.
captus nidore culinae (caught by the odor of the kitchen)

Big Al

chilitony wrote:I grew over 100 chilli plants this year for the 3rd molosey chilli festival held @ the bell public house in east molesey, surrey. (which is just across the thames from hampton court palace).
So apart from drying then and freezing them i pickle quite alot in vinegar.

H'away then chili tony, what's this festival about ? I've got some narga morich seeds this year and they are supposed to be the hottest in the world but I've just bought some narga morich chillis from the asian shop and I'm quite dissapointed with them..
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

chilitony
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

hi big Al, i have never heard of that chilli before (or grown it) but as far as i knew the hottest chilli in the world is the
Naga Jolokia or English equivelant the Dorset Naga originally from Bangladesh and called the Ghost chilli.
I have a Naga on my kitchen windowsill which is left over from this years chlli festival.
This year was the 3rd year that i have put on a chilli festival just for fun and everyone has a really good time. :cheers:
The events include chilli vodka drinking contest and the main chilli eating contest, so we have a chilli eating champion of molesey.
Everybody gets fed from a big pot of chilli and chilli icecream for afters. The 100 plants are for sale and we raised £352 for charity.

chilitony
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

chilitony
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Did u see gordon ramsay's great escape, the 2nd episode on tuesday he was in northeast India.
He went to a chillie eating contest to beat some record.
The lady ate as many bhut jolokia's as she could but did not beat the record, so she had to rub the rest of the chillies that were left on the tray in her eyes and won :?

indy
Living the good life
Living the good life

I dried my chillis out overnight in the bottom of the rayburn, then munched in my food processor, they came out really well
Sing like nobody's listening, live like there's no tomorrow, dance like nobody's watching and love like you've never been hurt.

suziq
Tom Good
Tom Good

my chillis and peppers have greenfly :(