Ethical Clothing

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
MuddyWitch
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

Re: Ethical Clothing

Apart from my knickers, everything I'm wearing is second hand. Even my bra is one my daughter passed on to me as its too small for her :shock:

Most stuff comes from charity shops, odd items are passed one from friends. The stuff on these sites is lovely but too small!!! :angryfire: Fat people care about the planet too y'know!!!

The only new stuff, (apart from knickers & shoes,) I make from patchwork, the ultimate recycling hobby :lol: or knit. This goes for hubby's stuff too.

MW
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

Re: Ethical Clothing

MuddyWitch wrote:Apart from my knickers, everything I'm wearing is second hand. Even my bra is one my daughter passed on to me as its too small for her :shock:

Most stuff comes from charity shops, odd items are passed one from friends. The stuff on these sites is lovely but too small!!! :angryfire: Fat people care about the planet too y'know!!!

The only new stuff, (apart from knickers & shoes,) I make from patchwork, the ultimate recycling hobby :lol: or knit. This goes for hubby's stuff too.

MW

sainsbury's fair trade t shirts go up to a 26. i think!! i know they do a 22...

i know what you mean about them not catering for the larger persoinage though, i can often not find stuff in a size 18 so i have given up and do the same as you; keep to mostly second hand.

i am currently wearing next corduroy trousers (Scope)
a pink layer top (factory shop tiptree, will be passed to my sister if/whenn i get bored of it)
a vest top (Scope again)

my bras i have to buy new because you never find J cups in charity shops.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!