how to naturally control excema?

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular

Would you exfoliate wet eczema too? Wouldn't have thought that would work somehow.

This link seems to be very interesting - http://www.theremustbeabetterway.co.uk/ ... _Tips.html
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

QuakerBear

I'd be very careful applying anything to their skin as it may inflame what's already sore, and it can sting like billy-o.

I had very bad excema as a child and it's only now starting to get sorted. Puberty is also very bad for excema but there's nothing much you can do to stop that! Here's whats helped me.

- Damp dust every where at least once a week.
- Hoover as often as possible, every day if need be.
- Curtians and net curtians should also be washed.
- Wash be linen at least once a week, preferably twice on a very hot wash with a non biological washing powder.
- Remove cuddly toys (sorry).
- No pets with fur or feathers (sorry again).
- Stay cool, especially bedrooms, heat will make the itch worse.
- If they get sweaty, wash as soon as possible.
-Never use soap, aqueous cream is best, if that still effects it was with only the abrasive-ness of a flannel cloth or sponge.
-User a coal tar based shampoo
- No synthetic fabrics.
- No wool or silk either, so basicly only cotton or linen.
- A cool spray from a plant mister can give wonderful relief for a few minutes.
- No products on your skin, if it's very dry; petroleum jelly, nothing else.

And finally, and this is the hardest, I'm still learning and it will be really difficult for a child. Learn to live with it. I itch constantly, all over. If I think about it I get desperate for the relief of a hair brush, or a serated knife, they're good too. You just have to learn to distract yourself.
QuakerBear

kimmie
Tom Good
Tom Good

Would you exfoliate wet eczema too?
Depends on your skin type and type of eczema...but yes you can...just use the right exfoliator for you.

i have suffered for years...right across my face....still get little patches now and then, but you have seen me now...pity you didnt see me before :oops: i used to get called adam!! as in adam and the ants...except my stripe was red and sore rather than white!! :lol:

Shirley

thanks kimmie... my son was really very bad with it as a baby - he had three red raw patches on his face - some woman even told me that my milk must be bad (I was breastfeeding at the time) - grrrr.. how to make someone feel good!! NOT.
Shirley

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Shirley

ps - have seen you... yes... and you are gorgeous and bear no resemblance to adam ant... (who was also pretty gorgeous at white stripe across face stage ;))
Shirley

My photos on Flickr

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Ellendra wrote:If it gets drastically worse when the air is dry, try rubbing 100% pure vegetable oil onto the skin right before bed. Cover with long sleeves, socks, and gloves. With younger children, use the pajamas with the feet on them.

The vitamin E in vegetable oil soothes the rash, while the oil itself moisturizes the skin.

-Ellendra
Ellendra, your post reminded me that I had some vitamin E face cream from the body shop. I tried it on the eczema and it's worked a treat.

Thanks
Zoe

inishindie
Tom Good
Tom Good

thanks

Thanks for the advice. My friends daughters condition has got progressivley worse and she has been put on anti B's. There is relief with the milk from oats,that is proving very soothing. The cuddly toys will go and the house will be getting a good clean..here's hoping!

Thanks agian

Clara

Just wanted to say that we have finally cracked DDs eczema after using evening primrose oil topically. It is high in Gamma Linoleic Acid which helps the skin to recover. It worked VERY quickly.
baby-loving, earth-digging, bread-baking, jam-making, off-grid, off-road 21st century domestic goddess....

...and eco campsite owner

Millymollymandy

I'm pleased to hear that. :cheers: