Digital cameras

Tomorrow's World was a show on BBC TV about innovations and tech stuff and I thought a good name for our computing and tech section.
Martin
A selfsufficientish Regular

I'd advise sticking to "the names you know" - Fuji, Canon, Nikon, Olympus etc - there are some real frights out there on "unknown names" :cooldude:
One thing I find most irksome with digital cameras is that barmy "arms length, screen on the back" viewing system - I infinitely prefer holding a camera up to my eye - if you're like me, a proper eye-level viewfinder is not that easy to find. For the last couple of years I've used a Fuji Finepix f455 - "only" 5 million pixels, with a reasonable optical zoom, and eye-level viewfinder - the results are fantastic, it's tiny so it's very pocketable, I'm definitely a fan! (the digital slr ends up staying at home/in it's bag) :wink:
http://solarwind.org.uk - a small company in Sussex sourcing, supplying, and fitting alternative energy products.
Amateurs encouraged - very keen prices and friendly helpful service!

Shirley

remind me to let you borrow my fuji Ina... I'll forget otherwise.

I've used 3 different fuji digitals and love them... fiddly with the manual controls but easy peasy on auto. I've got a nikon digital slr but dont' use it much because it's big and heavy... but do plan to do so once I can actually carry my camera bag on my shoulders again.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

catalyst
Living the good life
Living the good life

we use a fuji finepix too - less than £100 on ebay secondhand.
it does everything automatically, or you can switch it to manual, and be a bit cleverer :)

Martin

I've used Fuji film for well over 20 years because of it's colour rendition - they seem to have got the balance right in digital cameras too! This is out of my titchy F455-
http://solarwind.org.uk - a small company in Sussex sourcing, supplying, and fitting alternative energy products.
Amateurs encouraged - very keen prices and friendly helpful service!

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

my first digicam was an unknown, it was terrible... then i had a jenoptik Jena which i had never heard of and that wasn't too bad at the time (my pre-professional days), but i never realised how bad it really was until i got my Fuji S5500 in 2004... and the jump between that and my Canon EOS400 DSLR is amazing.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Silver Ether

I am using a Fuji 7000 and its very easy and I get good results ... Its zoom isnt quite as good as I would like but thats cuss I stand at the bottom of very high trees trying to get birdies that are at the top ... :roll: They can be blown up into big sizes too. oh The quality must be ok as other folks buy from me.

Our Katy has the next model up well I think its the next one and she has said I can try it out see if the zoom makes me happier.. :lol: