Egg recipes wanted

You all seem to be such proficient chefs. Well here is a place to share some of that cooking knowledge. Or do you have a cooking problem? Ask away. Jams and chutneys go here too.
possum
A selfsufficientish Regular

Egg recipes wanted

We are now getting about 4 duck eggs a day and 2 or 3 hens eggs, we are going to put a sign up to advertise them for sale but in the meantime, i need to use loads
i have gto fed up of
poached, fried, soft boiled, scrambled, quiche, fritata, going to pickle some tomorrow (btw how long does it take to hard boil an 80-90g egg)
Opinionated but harmless

contadino
Living the good life
Living the good life

Make pasta, and dry it. It'll be good, stored in an airtight container, for weeks if not longer.

possum

brilliant! thanks for that suggestion, i have made pasta before and have a pasta machine, but haven't used it in ages.
Opinionated but harmless

cobnuts
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Lemon curd?
You're going home in a combine harvester

possum

I wouldn't have thought of that, it should be good in a couple of months when the lemons on the tree have ripened. I have never made it before, are there any pitfalls to avoid?
Opinionated but harmless

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

no idea about the lemon curd and my mum's working today so i can't ask her...

as for eggs, lemon or custard tarts.they take about 10 eggs each.

once your pastry is cooked, turn the oven down for a little while or the eggs curdle.
http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/old- ... 13,RC.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/datab ... 6198.shtml
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

How about making ice-cream? Make up a custard using the eggs, mix in your favourite flavouring and freeze.

Zoe

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Hi again
I've just remembered that someone gave me this book for my birthday
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/10 ... +roux+eggs

Michel Roux - Eggs. It's got some great recipes although the one for boiled eggs is quite complicated :lol:

Zoe

red

we had vegetable and duck egg curry for tea tonight...

I boil the eggs and half them.,, I make a veg curry (varies what goes into it - tonight it was chickpeas tomatoes french beans, courgettes (of course!) Cauliflower carrot and onion with spices etc and yogurt) and pour that over the eggs...
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

hmk
Tom Good
Tom Good

Daube Dizef is basically a variation on the egg curry front- it's basically a chillied tomato sauce with potatoes and tinned peas in as well as whole eggs. You're suppose to fry the eggs after boiling them, but I don't bother usually. I think it's from Sri Lanka or Mauritius originally.

Otherwise-

meringues and mayonnaise to use up whites and yolks

Floating Islands (Isles flottant- poached meringue in egg custard sauce, so same idea as above)

creme caramel

cakes

pancakes (we love american style ones for breakfast at weekends. Add polenta for some of the flour to make Johnnycakes. All good with jam, honey, maple syrup and/or bacon!) All pancakes freeze well.

Egg mornay (did someone say that? boiled eggs with cheese sauce over.

Make and freeze tortilla- small ones or slices are good for packed lunches.

Pasta Carbonara- Boil some pasta and then fry bacon bits plus onion and/or garlic if you like in a little oil.( I sometimes do a 'vege' version with peas instead, but I don't fry them, just the onion etc and cook the peas with the pasta. I also use up bits of other cooked meat- left over roast, ham etc) Add some white wine/vermouth or similar to whatever you're frying and bubble for a few minutes until it's syrupy. (That's optional, but it is nice) Add a little butter and remove from the heat. Beat up approx 1 egg per person (or 1 whole egg plus the other yolks. Use the whites for meringue or freeze) with some grated parmesan, black pepper and grated nutmeg. Mix drained cooked pasta with bacon etc and mix in a hot pan (off the heat). Add egg mix and stir well for a minute or too. Serve. I don't add cream as it makes it more expensive and not a store cupboard dineer :lol:

swap with people for something else

You can freeze egg whites in bags. I think if you beat them together you can freeze whole eggs too.

HTH

Hazel

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Chinese omelets.............................lots of chinese omelets!

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

red

sweetcorn and egg drop soup

zabaglione... oh how i love zabaglione.. Colhut makes a fab one...

souffle and cakes can be frozen .. this is a way of freezing egg produce for winter when there are less eggs
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

possum

flamin typical, now i have all those suggestions, suddently the market for duck and bantam eggs have taken off and we now have more orders than we have eggs, but at least it is paying the food bill.
Opinionated but harmless

yugogypsy

Egg recipes please

quiche,avgolemono, stracaciella, egg foo yung, PM me and I'll send you the recipes.

Lois

possum

could you post up recipes for avgolemono and stracaciella I have never heard of them and I think others might be interested.
Opinionated but harmless