Used Nightlight foils

101 Uses For is popular and let's hope it stays that way. Our second book is presently called 101 tips for self sufficiency; we will certainly dip into this section for ideas. So post away and let's try and get at least one thread up to 101.
Dendrobium
Tom Good
Tom Good

Used Nightlight foils

Not sure if this is the right place but......

I have a HUGE quantity of the little foil cups that nightlights come in, I save all the odd scraping of wax and quite easily end up making fair sized 'proper' candles with it. However I didn't realise until a workshop clear out how many I have! I used to use them for mixing little bits of pain for craft use, but I'm sure there must be other uses too! I guess they'd make a good birdscarer if strung together, but after that I'm at a loss for any more ideas?????

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

re-filling with more wax?
using for burning incense cones in

manxminx
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

i just made myself a boild egg for lunch (haven't had one for years) but couldn't find my egg cups i must have packed them away as we dont use them so i used a used tea light foil :oops: thanks for posting this one or i would have never thought of it
" OH for goodness sake turn that light off and save some electric for when i'm older" - kelvin age 9

kerry

Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular

What a clever idea MM - well done you.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Jarmara
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

they make good paint and glue pots

MrsD'ville
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Re: Used Nightlight foils

Dendrobium wrote:Not sure if this is the right place but......

I have a HUGE quantity of the little foil cups that nightlights come in, I save all the odd scraping of wax and quite easily end up making fair sized 'proper' candles with it. However I didn't realise until a workshop clear out how many I have! I used to use them for mixing little bits of pain for craft use, but I'm sure there must be other uses too! I guess they'd make a good birdscarer if strung together, but after that I'm at a loss for any more ideas?????
Brilliant idea! I've been wanting to make a bird scarer. Wish I'd read this thread before wandering around with a handful of foils earlier thinking 'hmm, wonder what I can do with these...?' :cry:

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

hold them up to your eyes and say "buzz" to amuse children?
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Thurston Garden

The fit perfectly inside the demister hose leading to a Land Rover windscreen. All Landy owners will know just how pathetic the demisting abilities of these otherwise fantastic vehicles are.

Solution - poke half a dozen holes in the tea light foil and insert into PASSENGER demister hose. Voila 90% of the passenger air now goes to the driver's side and it demists in super quick time.

Limited audience for this, I know, but I thought it was fantastic!
Thurston Garden.

http://www.thurstongarden.wordpress.com
Greenbelt is a Tory Policy and the Labour Party intends to build on it. (John Prescott)

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Put a few drops of essential oil in one with a little water and place either on the top of your woodburner on on the back convector bits of a radiator.
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Clara

Not sure if this is "using" them technically speaking, but when we build a fire we pop them on top of the logs, any remaining wax helps a newly lit fire to get going.....and the foils seem to burn away too.
baby-loving, earth-digging, bread-baking, jam-making, off-grid, off-road 21st century domestic goddess....

...and eco campsite owner