Outragous wasters!

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
Stonehead
A selfsufficientish Regular

the.fee.fairy wrote:We love yurts too!!

I'd love to live in a yurt for a while (not sure if i'd like to go in with my mum and dad - they snore :wink:

We love my tent too - its a tipi (not a real one...ho hum).

I'd just like to have all the expensive improvements done for me while i spend a week in a yurt living carbon neutrally. Maybe we can get them to do it while we live at BGG next year!
Well, thanks to this thread we watched the programme tonight - and I want to live in the House of Correction permanently. I thought that not only was the yurt great, but it came with everything I'd consider mod-cons - solar shower, running water from the stream, solid fuel stove in the yurt and a solid fuel cooker in the semi-outdoor kitchen, twin loos, even a bath!!! And they had pigs. And woodland. My idea of heaven. :mrgreen:

But the OH says no, two weeks in a yurt would be great, but no more.

Sigh. :roll:

Milims

We caught it last night too - and our first response was "what are they complaining about - that looks like our idea of a great time!!"
I'm sure that they won't stick to all of the changes/challenges but I was pleased to see that they introduced the more eco friendly stuff into the salon - but some more eco friendly lighting, and solar water heating might be a good idea! I was amused when she went to the local spar and bought all the fruit and veg in packets then took them all out and left the packaging there - not quite the same as not buying packaged stuff at all - but hey she was making an effort and thats important and maybe the retailer will take notice and start to stock less pre-packed stuff.
It was also a really interesting point about the cosmetics - it's something I've been thinking about for a while and it's inspired me to be a lot more careful about what I buy.
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!