New to this forum

We love hearing from you, so here is your chance. Introduce yourself and tell us what makes you selfsufficient 'ish'. Go on don't be shy, we welcome one and all. You can also tell us how you heard about us if you like.
Mary Fisher

New to this forum

I'm interested in this forum but would like to know more about it.
Sadly, when I was young pcs weren't around so I'm now an old woman, past bleeding, past childbearing and rearing but still passionate about our planet, its future and that of our children and grandchildren.
I'll not say more now but lurk for a while to see if this forum is for me - and if I'll be able to contribute to it.
Is there a way I can receive notification of posts without having to remember to log on?

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Mary Fisher

Hello Mary, I hope this forum/site is for you. i think you could contribute we have an environmental section called 'what can I do' and also a general section to post whatever you like.

If you want to be notified of a response you will have to register I am afraid. It is quite easy click on the bit at the top that says register and fill in what it says. There are a few bits that you can easily ignore but that should be self explanatory. Once you have registered and made a post make sure there is a tick in the box below your message that says - Notify me when a reply is posted.

There, hope I have not sounded too patronizing, it is always difficult to know who much people know already.

If you meant a way of being e-mailed what topics are on the forum then I think the only way would be for me to look at then e-mail you. There probably is another way, but as I have taught myself all I know about running this site there are a few things that allude me.

Hope to hear from you again.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Elderflower
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Hello Mary, welcome! I`m a crone and find the site friendly and useful.
As for having a PC - free youth!
When I left school I was a trainee accountant in a nationalised industry. I was approached by a boss of another department and offered a transfer. I went to see my boss and told him I`d been offered a job in the new computer department. He shook his head and sighed, "Bad career move m`dear! Computers are a flash in the pan. Stick to your ledgers." I did as he advised but often wonder how I`d have got on. I left accountancy anyway and went into teaching.
Learn to love - love to learn

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Computers are flash in the pan, I wonder if he still remembers saying that :lol: I suppose he also would have said that Britain would keep its manufacturing industry :lol:
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging