hatching eggs in the post

Do you keep livestock? Having any problems? Want to talk about it, whether it be sheep, goats, chickens, pigs, bees or llamas, here is your place to discuss.
safronsue
Living the good life
Living the good life

hatching eggs in the post

hellooo, i've been searching online for a source for runner duck hatching eggs and other poultry eggs with the intention of having them posted down to me in Greece (with a kind of fingers crossed attitude, i know they might not survive the journey, but if they do....paradise awaits the lucky ones). But most suppliers say they only deliver within uk. Anyone else have hatching eggs delivered abroad? Or, do you know anyone who would send to me?

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: hatching eggs in the post

I would have thought that the time spent in the postal system would be a big problem.
Fertile eggs have to be turned preferably twice a day, so while a day or possibly two being jostled in the post might be OK, I think a week or so would be the death knell for them, especially a couple of days of inactivity over a weekend.
Just my opinion mind.

Maybe it's worth trying these people ? .... http://www.21food.com/products/fertiliz ... 45713.html
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

safronsue
Living the good life
Living the good life

hi, yes i found them too. no runner ducks.

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

I could ask around and see if anyone has any fertile runner duck eggs here, if so I would post them to you, I know people with hens, I have hens myself and would have fertile eggs, but they may be mongrels

safronsue
Living the good life
Living the good life

That's kind of you. I'm thinking though to get some posted to someone in the uk who would then post them down. Anyway, it's still a bit early, i'll consider my options some more. Thanks all the same.