Cordon fruit trees

Want to talk about fruit and nuts? Got any problems? Here's your place to post.
Pumkinpie
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 52.8
longitude: 1.6

Re: Cordon fruit trees

Another cold but sunny day. Off to do a bit more preparation for those apple trees. It should be worth it in the long run as I have got some nice varieties. Mainly russets which I love as well as some Cornish cider making apples.

Pumkinpie
Living the good life
Living the good life

Pruned apple and pear trees in the pots ( the ones I rescued from their postage packaging after such a long delay). Hope I have done it right as I followed instructions from a book. Next challenge in the next few weeks is to get them planted in their permanent positions.
One of them looks as though it might have some sort of fungal infection as it has some white fluffy sticky stuff on it. I am going to have to investigate further as fruit trees are a new venture to me and am not sure what to do. I am really excited in getting my infrastructure of trees in place on my plot.
Might get some different raspberries to prolong the season. My hubby moans that he never gets to eat them as my helper and I devour them on our break. Well if I have done my pruning correctly he should have some apples and pears next year. More pruning of gooseberries on Saturday , must take my book with me. Here to happy fruit growing.

Pumkinpie
Living the good life
Living the good life

Most of fruit trees in ground now. They are settling in nicely.

VM
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

I am just starting with trained fruit trees - have put in two apple cordons and two pears to be grown as espaliers - with room for some more of both if I get the hang of it.

So I shall follow your progress with interest.
Flat Earth, Big Sky - blog about moving from city to country, life on the edge of the Lincolnshire fens - http://vmarris.wordpress.com

Pumkinpie
Living the good life
Living the good life

Trees seem happy. Weeds even happier .
Think I am going to put a few flowers around the trees.
Not right up to the trunks though.

VM

I have just found one little apple on my cordon apple planted this year. It is a variety called Barnack Beauty. Very excited as curious to see what it is like - but perhaps I should be taking it off!
Flat Earth, Big Sky - blog about moving from city to country, life on the edge of the Lincolnshire fens - http://vmarris.wordpress.com

Pumkinpie
Living the good life
Living the good life

Surely one little apple will do no harm.
I have only a few on my 3 year old trees.