Natural remedies for mild sickness & diarrhoea

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
sleepyowl
A selfsufficientish Regular

Natural remedies for mild sickness & diarrhoea

Today though not feeling hugely unwell had sickness & diarrhoea & had to cancel appointments at the chaplaincy, but touch wood I feel that I seem to have conquered the worst of it, just by turning to nature's medicine cupboard. If I am feeling properly ill I will go to the doctor & if anyone reading this feeling hugely unwell then do see a doctor, but some things worth considering taking are as follows.

Nausea- Ginger, I tend to take it crystallised or as a tea, ginger nuts can work if nothing else is available
- Peppermint, in the form of tea but extra strong mints also work

Diarrhoea- Fennel & aniseed tea, fennel you can get in tea bag form from many places just add 2 star anise to it
Organiser of the Rainbow Moot for LGBT Pagans in the West Midlands
http://robstacey.blogspot.co.uk/

demi
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

Re: Natural remedies for mild sickness & diarrhoea

Well its certainly not going to do you any harm. I generally don't take anything when im sick, i just try to ride it out. I take paracetomol if iv got a headache after downing a couple a glasses of water if its not gone away, quite often headaches are from dehydration. I take it for period pains too if im really bad and smoking a few joints doesn't help ( it usually does ).

Anyhoo, Hope you're feeling better soon. ;)
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

The Riff-Raff Element

Stewed apples for the diarrhoea, to which can be added a good sprinkle of ginger and a little honey for the nausea.

Works every time.

demi
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

The Riff-Raff Element wrote:Stewed apples for the diarrhoea, to which can be added a good sprinkle of ginger and a little honey for the nausea.

Works every time.

That sounds nice just to eat anytime! :iconbiggrin: Yes, i remember my mother in law was giving me whole baked apples in the oven one time i has a dodgy stomach. I got better after, but that might of just been a coincidence. :dontknow:
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'