How old are you and how should you feel ???

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
wabbit955
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: How old are you and how should you feel ???

i am 46
work 54 hours a week in work in a very busy restarant
make all my own cosmistic grown lots of my own fruit and veg always got lots of home made booze on the go
always out foraging
as well as bing a sigle parent looking after my 2 boys
my staff in work are always wondering how i get it all done
but a feel great no differant than i did at 25
Darn that Wabbit

chickenchargrill
Living the good life
Living the good life

My uncle was still going on long treks in his 80s. We had a patient we visited who was 100 and could balance on one leg longer than me. Fauja Singh started running when he was 89, runs ten miles a day and travelled over to Toronto to do the marathon there last year, he was 100.

Meanwhile, I'm 32, could do with being fitter. But I don't feel much different than I did 10 years ago.

boboff
A selfsufficientish Regular

Umm, you are all doing very well!

I need to get fitter, as my energy levels are low.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

Susie

boboff wrote: I need to get fitter, as my energy levels are low.
It was pole dancing that sorted me out, Boboff, I recommend it to you highly. But I do have to warn you that you'll need quite short shorts...
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Susie wrote:
boboff wrote: I need to get fitter, as my energy levels are low.
It was pole dancing that sorted me out, Boboff, I recommend it to you highly. But I do have to warn you that you'll need quite short shorts...
Now that would definitely tempt me to cross the Irish sea to watch Boboff pole dancing. :shock:
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

demi
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

Pumpkin&Piglet wrote:Not sure I can be very useful. I'm 25 and seem to be permanently tired! :roll:

Im 27 and feel like that too. I put it down to the kids :roll:
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

boboff

I don't know any Poles?

Do need to do something though, my back aches, and I know exercise will make it better, but it hurts!
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

I am 29. I have a dodgy hip already, but other than that I'm aparently supposed to be fearing december as I'll be turning 30, but it doesn't scare me.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

happyhippy

I definately think its all got to do with attitude.I've never felt my age,even when I was 18!!Not sure why either.Someone at my work recently turned 62 and wow,going by his attitude,he'll be lucky to make 70!All I heard was "Its all downhill from now on"to..."Its inevitable to be ill when you get "old"????I replied it did'nt have to be that way,ect ect and he accused me of being in denial!!!I personally expect to be in good health when I'm old(whatever age "old"is lol lol)

The Riff-Raff Element

45. Feeling better now than when I was 32. Downshifting helped, but that is not actually less work than I had before, just different and entirely mine, but I suspect attitude shift may also be helping. I am content, so I sleep better and my mood is more stable. I plan to live to 94 or die in the attempt.

Marmalady
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Why only 94??

My Mum ( still a reasonably fit 88 yr old) has always had ambitions to live to 100 - i remember her saying that when i was a little kid
My Aunt (Mum's sister) is much more ambitious -- she plans to live to 124 to become the oldest woman ever recorded -- by which time I too will be over 100!!

Zech
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 52.36
longitude: -3.84

The Riff-Raff Element wrote:45. Feeling better now than when I was 32. Downshifting helped, but that is not actually less work than I had before, just different and entirely mine, but I suspect attitude shift may also be helping. I am content, so I sleep better and my mood is more stable. I plan to live to 94 or die in the attempt.
Ditto! I'm 37 and in much better shape than I was at any point in my 20s, and for very much the same reasons as you. I don't want to live as long as my grandmother, though. She lived to 98 and the last three years were miserable. 95 would be fine - I don't really care when I die so long as I don't have a long, slow decline as she did.

I keep meaning to take up yoga, as women who do lots of yoga don't seem to age(on the basis of my own, rather limited, observations), but I'm not getting round to it. Maybe I should try pole dancing instead!
---
Rachel

Take nobody's word for it, especially not mine! If I offer you an ID of something based on a photo, please treat it as a guess, and a starting point for further investigations.

My blog: http://growingthingsandmakingthings.blogspot.com/

citizentwiglet

I'm 39 and permanently in a state of exhaustion.....
I took my dog to play frisbee. She was useless. I think I need a flatter dog.

http://reflectionsinraindrops.wordpress.com - My blog
http://www.bothwellscarecrowfestival.co.uk - Scarecrow Festival
http://bothwellcommunitygarden.wordpress.com - Community Garden

KathyLauren
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 44.5
longitude: -66

I'm 57, and mostly feel like I'm 20. I'm a bit broader in the belt than I was at 20, but mostly I have a good amount of energy. I do notice a loss of mental acuity. I work in IT, and it takes a larger caffeine hit to get my brain up for working on some complex software problem. I'm still thinking about what I want to be when I grow up.

Stonehead

Late 40s and still running at least 12 miles a week, circuit training four mornings a week, weight training twice a week, and doing four hours of rugby drills a week. Oh, and working the croft, usually with hand tools and muscle power. And keeping two boys active and entertained. And walking/cycling miles a day. And coaching rugby. I feel the effects of numerous injuries accrued over the years (six fractures at last count, plus a few other things) but I’m too stubborn to be slowed down or stopped by them. If I was a movie character, I’d be the Black Knight in the Holy Grail…

And Keith, sorry, but I have to confess to having the same waist size as I did when I was 20: 84cm. :cooldude: