no snow!!!!!!

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
demi
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

no snow!!!!!!

AAAHHH!!! thats totally typical that is has to now the very week we are flying back to macedonia!
it said on the news the flights could be distrupted until thursday! our flight is on tuesday!
and we have 2 seperate flights with different airlines, if the first is delade or cancelled and we miss the next one we wont get refunded!

also the is the issue of if we manage to get to macedonia, it is currently -30 with over a meter of snow, so even if we manage to land we might get stuck in the car on a mountain somewhere on the way home!

damn this snow, worst timing ever!!!!
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Re: no snow!!!!!!

Oh no. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Good luck. :hugish:

Zoe

demi

the forcast seems to be saying now that it should get warmer by monday so hopfully it will be ok to fly on tuesday.
its still a bit iffy in macedonia though. i have visions of us getting the car stuck in the snow up a mountain in the middle of no where, and we've got a 4 year old and a baby with us.
lets hope everything will be fine!

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'

happyhippy

I also hope you get home alright.I normally love snow....to walk in,but as I am working all weekend and have a 7 mile drive to work,I'm beginning to get a little worried.It was abit dicey driving home tonight so I am hoping it won't be too bad tomorrow morning.Hope you have a safe journey and please let us know when you do get home.xx

becks77

Just woke up to 2" of snow I can happily send it over to you just say when!!
"no-one can make you feel inferior without your permission"

bill1953
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 53.95
longitude: 8.95

becks77 wrote:Just woke up to 2" of snow I can happily send it over to you just say when!!
Really? At the moment I am in Wirral, England and there is none here. Ground is wet, very high cloud but bright.
Just because you see two eyes shining in the jungle at night, do not think that the worse thing that could happen is that you are about to be attacked by a tiger. It could be two one-eyed tigers.

oldfella
latitude: 44.564
longitude: 0.959

Four inches here n the SW of France. :roll:
I can't do great things, so I do little things with love.

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

+10c and a bit drizzly here, just like yesterday and the day before.
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

What's the weather normally like in Macedonia in February? I must confess my geography knowledge is minimal and as OH tells me there are two Macedonias I'm even more lost. :dontknow:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

yvette
Living the good life
Living the good life

Slowly thawing snow here in East London - very useful for locating our black cat in the dark! It is his first snow and he absolutely loves it!

Millymollymandy

Green Aura wrote:What's the weather normally like in Macedonia in February? I must confess my geography knowledge is minimal and as OH tells me there are two Macedonias I'm even more lost. :dontknow:
I was lost too because I always think of the Greek region of Macedonia when anyone mentions the name, as the one one which is a country in its own right (now) was called FYROM (Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia) but seems to have lost that now? I'm sure Demi can tell us when it lost that name. It is confusing!

(Then again I am from Grande Bretagne but I live in Bretagne :lol: )
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Dr.Syn
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Every year around February there is snow. The authorities are always caught out! We get the usual cry. Airports closed, trains not running, roads not salted and gritted, schools closed (it only takes one flake of snow for school boilers to fail), and this year, not for the first time panic buying (according to the radio W***rose has run out of bread in London. All for 4 inches of snow! Makes you think?
Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children.
Blog http://fredarth.wordpress.com/
Die dulci fruere.

demi

Millymollymandy wrote:
Green Aura wrote:What's the weather normally like in Macedonia in February? I must confess my geography knowledge is minimal and as OH tells me there are two Macedonias I'm even more lost. :dontknow:
I was lost too because I always think of the Greek region of Macedonia when anyone mentions the name, as the one one which is a country in its own right (now) was called FYROM (Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia) but seems to have lost that now? I'm sure Demi can tell us when it lost that name. It is confusing!

(Then again I am from Grande Bretagne but I live in Bretagne :lol: )

the weather is cold just now there, arround - 20 at night and theres lots of snow.
it can get down to - 30 at night in the winter, and there is often freezing fog covering our town for a few consective weeks.
but when the sun is shining the day time temperature can get back up to +20, and you can be sitting in t-shirts in the sun in the garden in january :)

as for the 'where the hell is macedonia?' question:
macedonia the contry borders with greece, bulgaria, serbia, albainia and now the newly formed kosovo.
there diddnt use to be any defined borders between these contrys, thats where all the debate has arrisen from.
macedonia used to cover a huge reigon which streched right down to the sea in greece at Thesoloniki.
when they difined the borders macedonia got split up and all the surrounding contrys ( greece, bulgaria, serbia and albaina) all took a part, leaving just the central riegon of macedonia as the actual contry.
so there is a large reigon in northern greece, from the macedonian border right down to the sea at Thesoloniki which is called macedonia, because it used to be part of 'greater' macedonia.
greece has problems with this and says that their riegon of macedonia ( in greece ) is the only true macedonia and that macedonia ( the contry) does not exist. they blocked macedonia with a vito from entering nato and applying for the european union all because of the name issue. and now macedonia ( the conrty ) took greece to the international court of justice in Hag because greece and macedonia had signed a treaty so that greece wouldn't prevent macedonia from euro intergration and macedonia wouldnt claim terrotorial rights over the greek reigon macedonia. and greece broke the treaty by by vitoing macedonia.

also there was allways loads of macedonians still living in the greek reigon macedonia ( as they have allways lived there ) and greece did a bit of ethnical clensing and forced them all to leave and those who stayed got murdered. this was about 60 years ago or so.

demi

nooo!!!!!

all the flights to skopje airport ( in macedonia ) have been cancelled this afternoon because of the snow!
our flight is tomorrow!
not good :banghead: :angryfire: :banghead: :angryfire:

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Keeping my fingers crossed for you honey.

Zoe