Little things that really annoy you!

Do you know about an event that you want to talk about? Is there a campaign you have started, are involved in or want to start? Inspired by Marvin Gaye this is your place to tell the world what's going on.
Mrs Moustoir
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Little things that really annoy you!

Earwigs.

My greenhouse seems to have become an earwig holiday camp and the little b*ggers are eating holes in my chilli plants.

Apparently - so my OH says, they are very good insect parents..!!! Like I care!

chickenchargrill
Living the good life
Living the good life

My darling, gorgeous son has learnt that whining noise. The one that isn't quite crying, because he's dropped his toy on the floor, or can't quite reach x, or because linkies aren't food, or because he's not allowed to play with the thing he's just grabbed, or because it's nap time or...
And the dog seems to be trying to copy it because there's a fly she can't get, or next doors cat is teasing it, or she's not allowed to get that food the baby clearly doesn't want because he's dropped it on the floor.

Lots of calming breaths and counting to 10 here today.

TheGoodEarth
Living the good life
Living the good life

Call centres run by trained chimps!
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery

Awne
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

[quote="Susiwaa"]Charity bags and takeaway leaflets here too. The really annoying thing about the charity bags is they come in almost daily and although for different charities they are all delivered/picked up by the same "white van man"!! We have several charity shops and multiple clothing banks so why they keep it up I have no idea!

I dont have this problem as I dont have a letter box....we moved here in February and found out that the post is pushed through the cat flap in the pantry window. Only the post man knows this so anyone coming with anything else has to shove it erm...back where it came from :wink:

starbrite
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Voiture sans permis, If you can't drive or not allowed to, mainly because you got done for drinking and driving you can have one of these, 50kph, death-traps.
Easy to park.

So big they need two parking places.

Park anywhere

So what does a San Permis driver look like.

wabbit955
Living the good life
Living the good life

camp sire that charge more for me and my 2 boys of foot than family with a car
Darn that Wabbit

little blue duck
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

rudeness and obnoxiousness .... there's just no need!

I'm usually quite positive and let things go, but I have been known to verbally abuse obnoxious shop staff, or phone call centres ....

baldybloke
Living the good life
Living the good life

A blocked ear just before going to a music festival. Saw some great bands but heard them in muted mono, rather than stunning stereo.
Has anyone seen the plot, I seem to have lost mine?

Susie
A selfsufficientish Regular

This doesn't annoy me as much as I just find it a bit incomprehensible:

Women who wear shoes they can't walk in, in places where you have got to walk a reasonable distance. Now, I love heels, and I can walk in heels (so this is not sour grapes!) but, I do not care how good at it you are or how expensive your shoes are, they are not the best for long distances. So I see a lot of women wandering round in summer wearing very fashionable shoes with tortured expressions and that strange gait where you stick your backside out and your head forward to balance better. Ladies, especially the one who nearly fell on me near the cheese in Marks and Spencer, this is not a good look, also I do not believe you can be comfortable. Embrace the flat or at least wait until winter when you can wear stiletto boots which are easier and more comfortable!

I think I am getting old.
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

wabbit955
Living the good life
Living the good life

buy one get one free offers on sugar fat full foods
and the goverment wonders why children are getting fatter
Darn that Wabbit

boboff

Yeah, those people selling stuff that's unhealthy, it should be banned. Water and a light broth made from Organic Veg, thats all that should be on offer, and it should be expensive, that will learn the government and them fat kids!!

Annoying me are badly typed, gramatically poor posts, where the poster has broke the "Caps" button, and all punctuation marks have disapeared from the keyboard!
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

bonniethomas06

Acerbic, bilious posters on a forum which is reknown for it's approachability and inclusiveness are really annoying me these days.
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

boboff

Fair
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

JulieSherris

boboff wrote: Annoying me are badly typed, gramatically poor posts, where the poster has broke the "Caps" button, and all punctuation marks have disapeared from the keyboard!
Oh come on - you're joking.... right??

gramatically = grammatically
disapeared = disappeared

And you wonder why we use smilies...... :roll:
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Susie wrote:This doesn't annoy me as much as I just find it a bit incomprehensible:

Women who wear shoes they can't walk in, in places where you have got to walk a reasonable distance. Now, I love heels, and I can walk in heels (so this is not sour grapes!) but, I do not care how good at it you are or how expensive your shoes are, they are not the best for long distances. So I see a lot of women wandering round in summer wearing very fashionable shoes with tortured expressions and that strange gait where you stick your backside out and your head forward to balance better. Ladies, especially the one who nearly fell on me near the cheese in Marks and Spencer, this is not a good look, also I do not believe you can be comfortable. Embrace the flat or at least wait until winter when you can wear stiletto boots which are easier and more comfortable!

I think I am getting old.
:lol: Then so am I. I used to have a friend who insisted on wearing 8+ inch heels. She would grab on to my arm to balance herself and we would walk everywhere at a tenth of normal walking pace.

Zoe