Food prices to double

Politics, news, current affairs and anything else that you think should be here goes here.
greenorelse
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 52.52
longitude: -8.9

Re: Food prices to double

oldjerry wrote:Sorry to disagree with a good few of you,but in many ways food is FAR TOO CHEAP.I'm the last person to disregard the effect rising food prices have on the poor,but that's a question of wealth distribution.In a natural situation all animals especially humans will expend a great deal of time and energy feeding themselves and their family.Cheap food has led to a diminishing of reverence for food,mealtimes,cooking etc.(not to mention a servile dependance on retail conglomerates) and till people can regain their respect for food we'll all continue to travel paddleless up S--t Creek.
+1

plus I've always maintained that supermarkets don't sell food cheap - they sell cheap food as in cheap and nasty.
There is no question. Cap and Share or TEQs is the answer. Even Cap and Dividend!

niknik
Living the good life
Living the good life

I noticed on the news last night , that due to the drought conditions in UK, food prices ( fruit/veg) are likely to rise, due to water restrictions being imposed!.......

but they nevercome back down , do they,or at least not ot the original levels.

paul123456
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Hello there ,

does this include the price of marmite ?

regards ,

Paul

PlainQB
Tom Good
Tom Good

Those of us wealthy enough to have access to the internet will be fine. It's those poor people already living in marginal enviroments who will suffer themost. I feel partly responsible as I do waste and I do use a car, central heating etc. If anyone has ideas of how to help it would good.