What are you havesting

Anything to do with growing herbs and vegetables goes here.
becks77
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: What are you havesting

Mmmm...lettuce mixed leaves
chives, mint,sage,rosemary, some of the currants are looking good too but not sure which as forgot to label them when fetched them from the allotment. :lol:
"no-one can make you feel inferior without your permission"

Millymollymandy

Lettuce and strawberries galore, plus magenta orach. Pak choi big enough to be eaten now.

All my annual and perennial herbs - tons of coriander and dill self seeded everywhere.

But then we are still eating tons of last year's food like garlic and spuds and walnuts and basil, not to mention loads of fruit and veg in the freezer. So we don't go short and there's always something home grown in our meals. :iconbiggrin:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

red

Millymollymandy wrote: not to mention loads of fruit and veg in the freezer. So we don't go short and there's always something home grown in our meals. :iconbiggrin:
same here :)

harvestng at the mo: lettuces, radishes and rhubarb and lots of herbs etc
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

sarahturner
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
latitude: 53.7333
longitude: -2.4000

Going to take the first of the new potatoes that I have grown in bags in the polytunnel this weekend. At the moment we are getting herbs - various, mixed salad leaves, pak choi, radish, welsh onions and rhubarb.

grahamhobbs

Peas, broccoli (calabrese), lettuce, salad leaves, japanese onions, last take of asparagus before starting on artichoke. Broad beans almost ready to start eating, beetroot also ready very soon. Not from the allotment, but nicked from the roadside, acacia blossom cooked as fritters/tempura. All this and they call it the hungry gap

The Riff-Raff Element

Lettuces, first tiny new potatoes, rhubarb, strawberries, mountains of cherries... and the first tiny green outdoor tomatoes have appeared :cheers:

chickenchargrill
Living the good life
Living the good life

Thanks to my dog destroying my garden when we first got her - turnip greens (which I adore) and herbs are the only things. Shouldn't be long til my first tatties though :flower:

okra
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 35.0
longitude: 33.4

Mint, sage, oregano, chives, coriander, lettuce, spinach, broad beans, peas and beetroot.

Millymollymandy

The Riff-Raff Element wrote:Lettuces, first tiny new potatoes, rhubarb, strawberries, mountains of cherries... and the first tiny green outdoor tomatoes have appeared :cheers:
Cherries - wow - guess you have those early red ones but even they are normally ripe a bit later in May - but then of course everything is earlier this year due to all the warmth. Happy eating (and pip spitting :mrgreen: ). :cheers:

The Riff-Raff Element

Millymollymandy wrote:
The Riff-Raff Element wrote:Lettuces, first tiny new potatoes, rhubarb, strawberries, mountains of cherries... and the first tiny green outdoor tomatoes have appeared :cheers:
Cherries - wow - guess you have those early red ones but even they are normally ripe a bit later in May - but then of course everything is earlier this year due to all the warmth. Happy eating (and pip spitting :mrgreen: ). :cheers:
It's very early even for this tree; normally they are ready end May.

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Started digging our outdoor potatoes today, nice size and just about enough for the two of us on one root.
They are Maris Bard this year (cos I picked up the wrong bag in the garden centre, should have been Home Guard that I normally have).
I should really have started them last week as there have been loads in the shops from the farmers all around me.

Other than that, lots of peas, lots of strawberries, gooseberries, rhubarb, lettuce, tomatoes, spring onions, carrots, tender stem broccoli, courgette (singular) and French beans.
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

Millymollymandy

I dug my first spuds yesterday - after only 65 days and they are ready :cheers: .

This year is bizarre, I have never had my early strawbs (Gariguette), raspberries and blackcurrants all ripe at the same time. :shock: Oh and my July cherries are ripening and some edible already. Really odd. Shame I don't like summer pudding though!

Had first peas and have been eating mange tout in salad for a week now. I think I still prefer raw peas to cooked ones though I will admit that the little petit pois (I managed to pick at right stage this year) cooked are a lot better than the big ones!!

Anyway we managed 11.5 months of being self sufficient in potatoes :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: and have only eaten 2 bought ones (will try to use up those ones for roasting or baking).

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

the psb has pretty much finished here now but we're still eating the leaves as spring greens. I'm harvesting thyme so often at the moment!
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

happyhippy

I had already harvested the pak choi,just eating mixed salad leaves and some herbs(rosemary,chives,parsley and thyme)Everything is growing very well though and can't wait to start harvesting some more produce!

chilitony
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Rhubarb, broad beans, peas & early onions look ready :flower:
captus nidore culinae (caught by the odor of the kitchen)