central heating and domestic hot water from a wood stove?

Solar energy, wind turbines whatever it is then here is your place to talk about it.
Jimmer
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Re: central heating and domestic hot water from a wood stove

Thanks for the reply. The new DSA model is supposed to be specifically for pressure systems and comes with the necessary valve arrangements. Broseley say that there are still very few systems out there like I'm doing - actually I think mine is the first because their technical support has been very vague! The stove has some nice features, like a thermostatically controlled air intake which attempts to snuff the fire out when the boiler temp hits 80 degrees! Nice try, but really doesn't react fast enough. If I ever get it working reliably I'll let you know!!! Not sure I would recommend it though. I need other safety features like a UPS to run the pump if the electricity cuts out :(

Oilystairs
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Re: central heating and domestic hot water from a wood stove

Probably out of date now but i just joined; I am planning on installing such a system that i will probably run off a Godin or Esse cooking range with back boiler. Someone reccomended a esse ironheart which the manufacturer says can only heat one radiator but a friend has one that is happily running 3 rads and heats their hot water. Should be enough for a 100sqm strawbale house. Amazing bts of kit.

Finally i also found a guy in france on a forum who made his own heat exchanger and fitted it into a normal wood burner and combined the system with solar. Bearing in mind one of these back boiler ranges costs at least £1500-£3000, a home made heat exchanger is a tiny fraction of that and could help those on a tight budget. Here is the link (in french but i can translate if any needs) http://plomberie.bricovideo.com/chauffa ... eminee.htm

Cheers